Magnaflow Update on our 80 Corvette

Douglas Mariani

Remember the old days when shops were concerned about the customer, and not the almighty dollar? Magnaflow may not be that old of a company however they do practise the old time values for their customers.
The people there were concerned, Richard was especially concerned with our satisfaction and the performance of our exhaust system.
The 1980 Corvette sounds amazing! I was concerned that is was going to be too loud, and I was surprised to find it amazingly quiet for such a free flow exhaust system. It has a deep rumble at idle and when you hit the gas it lets you know that it is working. At 70 MPH, it is quieter than my stock exhaust system was, and that "droning sound" that we all had to endure with our stock exhaust systems is virtually eliminated. A special thanks to Richard Waitas for taking such good care and overseeing the finished product that they installed on the 80 Vette. A special thanks to Jeff ( Big2Bird ) for putting me in touch with magnaflow. I highly recommend Magnaflow for those who want a great sounding free flowing exhaust system on their cars. Whether their engine is stock or high performance. Magnaflow exhaust systems has got you covered!
80VetteatMagnaflow.jpg
80VetteatMagnaflowrear.jpg

That looks like a very clean install.

How is the access to the cam bolts on the drivers side?

I can see the passenger side one in the pic. Looks like access would be even better if the dr. side pipe would go straight back where it's under the heat shield and then bend off to the left, but again...hard to judge from a pic. Exhaust looks excellent! Is it stainless?

I can see the passenger side one in the pic. Looks like access would be even better if the dr. side pipe would go straight back where it's under the heat shield and then bend off to the left, but again...hard to judge from a pic. Exhaust looks excellent! Is it stainless?

Yes. And I can tell Richard defenitely made some changes from my prototype.

Yes it is stainless

Yes. And I can tell Richard defenitely made some changes from my prototype.

Jeff can you post a pic? I would like to see the difference and also Thanks again