FLORIDA members and FAY

MYBAD79

guess we all are tired of Fay and all the rain..... hope y'all and your families are doing ok... especially you guys/gals on the FL east coast .... hope you're ok and not flooded.... 20-25" of rain within 2 days is a lot.... (that's about 60cm)....

Cleaned out the garage Monday for wife's car to fit in there, damn undersized Florida garages, no length and no width, so it's a 2 car garage in name only...bastards....., wind is not all that bad so far....rainfall don'g bother me too much, blocked the gate to the uphill neighbors back yard with a cinder block so the yard can drain in a really heavy blast....I live on a hillside with some 30' of freeboard to creek at bottom of hill....get 30' of flooding in Florida and about 90% of the state is under water....serious....

got a power blip last night, so we have a radio and flashlights ready to go....

my hood has tall oak trees, water and pin oaks....I been after them pretty good to keep hazards down....most of the hood don't seem to care, but I hear plenty of saws running every spring, the worst trees are the pines, they come down all the time in wind storms.....

3 years ago I drove out I 10 to Houston for the Katrina releif effort, housing damage appraiser....it was not as easy as one would think, more interested in the paperwork than any actual damage assessment , the destruction I seen on that trip was :shocking::shocking::ill: to say the least, all along I 10 from Pensacola west was the contents of houses, parts of houses, fishing trawlers cars, utilities, shopping centers, kitchen sinks, bedsheets, mattresses, it was ALL strewn all over the center divider and hanging from trees, or what was left of trees and bushes on the north side of the road....which was maybe 20 miles from the coastline....one slab I saw on the way back was the size of my 1/4 acre lot.....not even a shitty TOILET left on it....not nuttin' honey, bald.....not even a sill plate....two other giant homes on the north side of the freeway were total lovely mansions, and partly shielded by the freeway bridge/abutment, so they were leaning over at maybe 30* off plumb....in other words, forgetaboutit....:shocking:

I never saw New Orleans....routed around it as I10 was not open over Lake Poncetrane....

another funny post coming about the motel....and living conditions....

:beer::shocking::gurney:

RESULTS FROM FAYS VISIT IF ANYONE CARES

Ive got 6"-10" of water standing in some areas of my yard that are normally dry, and the pond in the back yard now looks like it covers about a full acre vs its normal 3/4 acre but in a couple days things will be back to normal......we needed the rain, so no big deal

heres the normal level
garge24.jpg

the water is currently about 6" deep at the base of that small tree in front of the shop doors, but would need to get about 2.5 feet higher to reach the shop floor and that would flood many of the houses before my shop.........thats after almost two solid days of almost constant hard rain
floodgarage2.jpg

Last edited:
this moring's news made it sound like Fay isn't finished and could actually become a hurricane again after she gets out in the gulf - she doesn't give up easy.

Send some of that rain up here to Georgia, we could sure use some of it. These show moving storms usually do more flooding than the bigger storms.

Send some of that rain up here to Georgia, we could sure use some of it. These show moving storms usually do more flooding than the bigger storms.

Comment was passed in this house today, that you all need the rain up there in Atlanta region and here we got it all running into the gulf for nuttin'....

GV, you need teach your new 'gator friends to do the back stroke.....

I had a catfish in a canoe running down the gutter.....

How you guy's doing down there...was watching the news and saw lots of flooding

We are OK, but I bought on a hill for a reason.....no tree damage so far, lotsa folage all over the joint, damn mess....

the houses at bottom of the hill are wet floors and walls should only be a inch or two deep, but shitrock absorbs like crazy and so does insulation and that means cut it 4' off the ground all the way around, spray everything with chlorox, and let it dry completely.... tons of fun, and the rugs are of course garbage....

I went to O'Reilly parts house this morning for some carb cleaner, cut back throug the hood, and wound up driving my '72 through some 6" of water and past some barricades on account of not doing so would make it undo able trip without act of God and congress.....so the car is fine when driven at 0 mph but here it was a sunny AM and so looking through the muddy water at the pavement keeping a eye on what the depth was.....

and so what happens this afternoon/evening....U got it and it's NOT fun....

but I did see a frog doing the backstroke....and a catfish in a canoe....

:nuts: I am going stir crazy too....

:zzz::zzz::bomb::devil: