Stant Rant.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
That effing company can go to hell, me and they been in loggerheads for a long many years now about their lousey thermostats....I will NEVER buy another product of theirs....

I just replaced a Stant rad cap which is about a year old, and it cured a problem with mystery loss of water....so it's a bit over a year old, and guess what....mystery loss of water yet again.....so I bought a Murray cap this time round and the water loss is gone....

sux the green weenie.....

:ill::crap::gurney::censored::clobbered::crylol:

That effing company can go to hell, me and they been in loggerheads for a long many years now about their lousey thermostats....I will NEVER buy another product of theirs....

I just replaced a Stant rad cap which is about a year old, and it cured a problem with mystery loss of water....so it's a bit over a year old, and guess what....mystery loss of water yet again.....so I bought a Murray cap this time round and the water loss is gone....

sux the green weenie.....

:ill::crap::gurney::censored::clobbered::crylol:

You're gonna hafta stop sugar-coating everything... just tell us how you really feel!!!!!!! :lol:

How about up their nose with a rubber hose.....??? that good enuff???

People have been conditioned to be sheep. When I get a bad part, I never hesitate to jamb it up their a.. If everyone did that, this nonsense would cease.

People have been conditioned to be sheep. When I get a bad part, I never hesitate to jamb it up their a.. If everyone did that, this nonsense would cease.

Agreeded. Embasses the shit out of Darlene when I give people shit for the crap they do. I just don't let ANYONE get away with trying to pull something- wheather it is just plain stupid or on purpose. Ok, I' done.:huh:

Last edited:

Agreeded. Embasses the shit out of Darlene when I give people shit for the crap they do. I just don't let ANYONE get away with trying to pull something- wheather it is just plain stupid or on purpose. Ok, I' done.:huh:

U2??, I find my fuse is getting much worse these daze, ever damn time I step foot off my property, I gotta watch for sheer stupidity....getting to the point now a daze the lists outdoo the words....

like this morning go to HD and get some batteries....6 AA cells and 4 D cells 13 bux...bastards, last about long enough to corrode hell out of the maglights too, U watch....no ME watch.:clobbered:

so all the batteries are on charge now, wondering which way the wind will blow.....and yes I know, it blows horizontal across the ground....for the most part that affects ME anyway....

anyway, so I get to the checkout....some guy with a 4" gutter drain tube, and so the bar code don't scan, of course not....one glance at that and I just go to the self check line and get another 50 bux back so as I don't have to bother with the bank stop....I WIN for a change....

stick a fucking TAG on it already, it's a buck 99 or what EVER....

I worked in a olde tyme hardware store for my first job age 19, after HS....
I can actually reed and rite, and punch a few keys.....

make change even yet.....think I rant bad, you all need hear the olde tyme crustie Coasty across the street from me.....HE got some RANTS man....

I hang around him too much I suppose....:harhar::harhar:

You should change the cap once a year anyway. :ill:

HUH?? honestly I never noted that, must be lousey products these daze....

rad caps should last 5-10 years at minimum.....2 gaskets and a spring, how complex is that to design reliability into???

:shocking::bonkers::waxer:

Replace cap, tstat, and coolant once a year and you will never start one of those "help, I'm overheating threads"

Do as I say not as I do.
Haven't changed the oil in a forklift for 12 years. :thumbs:

Replace cap, tstat, and coolant once a year and you will never start one of those "help, I'm overheating threads"

Do as I say not as I do.

I just did my yearly coolant change, and installed the petcock anode.

The stat, hoses,pump, are all 2 years new with the crate. Radiator history unknown past 8 years ago. Still gets to 195* and levels off. A/C on going to Vegas/Palm Springs in summer. I just reconnected the aux rad fan, but it never comes on anyways.:bonkers:

I do check the cap rubber for cracks yearly. (If I remember):flash:

You ever see that commercial from Discount Tires? If your not satisfied, just return the tire.

Then the old lady tosses the tire through the front display window........

I can't remember ever having a rad cap going bad on me :bump: now i will check them once in a while for a bad gasket and replace them,but have never had one leak :quote:

I can't remember ever having a rad cap going bad on me :bump: now i will check them once in a while for a bad gasket and replace them,but have never had one leak :quote:

Been a long time since one leaked Externally, but that mysterious water loss indicated its going to the overflow tank, and not being sucked back in when cooling, just air, so the rad constantly looked empty....and so why didn't it suck back....the Stant caps would work for a while, the leave me with air in the system....pressure tests said they were ok....so?? now I have a Murray on there, so far so good....:gurney::shocking:

There are many newer cars running around with leaking rad caps. The cap will have a crusty orange residue on it and everyone blames it on dexcool. Its not the dexcool that is the problem it. Try telling someone that they should replace the rad cap on a 4 year old car and they get all pissed off and accuse you of trying to rip them off.

Those are GM caps so its not just Stant that are junk.

Do as I say not as I do.

I just did my yearly coolant change, and installed the petcock anode.

The stat, hoses,pump, are all 2 years new with the crate. Radiator history unknown past 8 years ago. Still gets to 195* and levels off. A/C on going to Vegas/Palm Springs in summer. I just reconnected the aux rad fan, but it never comes on anyways.:bonkers:

I do check the cap rubber for cracks yearly. (If I remember):flash:

What do you recommend for transmissions?:toothbrush::lol: