Well cover me in chocolate...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
...and throw me to the lesbians. The BOSS (Big-Ole-Sacka-Shit) is finally starting to look like a complete car again - the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train afterall :yahoo:
3548a836c8b2b5a.jpg

3548a836c9733c6.jpg

3548a836ca2c70b.jpg

3548a836cb0081c.jpg

That's looking really good Wayne.

Love the chocolate line. Even made my wife laugh.

:eek:looking good Wayne,ain't powder coat a great thing :smash: now if i could figure how to cover my whole car in pc.

:eek:looking good Wayne,ain't powder coat a great thing :smash: now if i could figure how to cover my whole car in pc.

That's easy. First you wrap the car in foil, PC, then bake till the windows blow out and the body mounts melt out, then polish with a soft brick.:lol:

Thanks guys. Paul, I have some Cool-Flex hoses to go on there and I've powder coated the aluminium ends to match everything else :thumbs:

Well, finish up and drive it. I know fuel is 2 cents a gallon there. Too bad coolant is $100 an ounce.

That's easy. First you wrap the car in foil, PC, then bake till the windows blow out and the body mounts melt out, then polish with a soft brick.:lol:

:huh: Ohhh thats how you do it, what if the windows never blow out?

You always have the brick.:bonkers::yahoo::yahoo:

DAMN Wayne, you sure went ape shit with that colors....NO mistaking that one bit....nothing boring THERE.......does look good though, I have to admit....

I"m too scared to get that creative, beyond a paint can that is....

:eek: I had to pc the valve covers though as they really needed something....

I envy you guys with the ability to make things look good, as I certainly just don't have that ability...

:thumbs::twitch::surrender:

I just noticed the hood strut. I like that. Got a part#??

Jeff, I"m glad you said that, got me to thinking a couple of those struts properly placed would help in lifting my reverse hinged hood here, it tends to grab in the rear a bit when lifted so I have to handle it just right or it catches/rubs on the vent plate, so to find the right parts, and go from there....

gotta go junkyard though way too expensive to be buying new and have a ton of useless shit hanging around after I get the thing down....

:bounce:

DAMN Wayne, you sure went ape shit with that colors....NO mistaking that one bit....nothing boring THERE.......does look good though, I have to admit....
Yeah, I might have got a bit carried away :eek: I was originally going to do everything black, with a bit chrome and some anodized red or anodized blue hose fittings. Discovered powder coating and the variety of colours available and ended up being creative.

That sure looks good, very clean :cool::cool:

What did you use to adapt the hose fitting to the breather ??
Which end Karsten? If you mean carb end, I cut off the nipple on the end of the tube and used a hard line adaptor. The little chrome breather itself came with a thread hole in and a barbed hose fitting. The thread was an odd size so I took it to "my" machinist in town and got him to knock up an adaptor from that odd thread to -6AN. Then it pc'd it that candy red to look "anodized".

I just noticed the hood strut. I like that. Got a part#??
No mate, I bought it as a kit. Ages ago, I saw someone on CF talking about it and he told me he bought it from some guy on eBay. I eventually tracked the guy down and bought a kit off him. I can look for a number tomorrow if you like? All I did was drill the rivet out of the original hood support and keep the lower piece that bolts to the car. In the rivet hole I bolted a little ball stud then 30" back from the trailing edge of the hood, I riveted the bracket on the end of the strut. The strut won't lift the hood when I first pop it, you still have to manually open it, but it's a lot easier and not as "heavy" as with the original support and once you're about halfway open, it'll hold it in whatever position you stop lifting. I think the hood strut looks better but I was always worried that I'd bump the original support one day and the hood would slam shut on my head :shocking:

If I had an assistant that looked like that, I'd never get anything done to the car. What'd you do, sneak her out in the middle of the night so the sand people didn't see her?

QUOTE=saudivette;18204]...You can see that I fitted the top rad hose and Kev can see my assistant :lol:

3548ac681e9c6d6.jpg[/QUOTE]

:twitch: All i can say Wayne is DAMM,i like the other pic you loaded too :huh:
Would SWMBO mind comming to the states and taking some pic's with my car :rose:
I have said it before and will say it again "You are one lucky man"

Hey and the motor area is looking good too, i purchased the electroplating stuff from Eastwood and have been re-plating parts,looks pretty darn good,and the stuff to put the Black Oxide finsh back have not tried it yet,will post up some pic's soon.

Any progress with those sister's yet?????? :fishing: