Got a call today???

kwplot34

Heart Attack
from a detective in Florida :huh2: so i called him back,seems as though i am named in a fraud case against my motor builder.
Some of you guy's might remember i had to sick my credit card co after him for not giving me all the parts i paid for,that worked got my March serp parts. But i did not get all of my parts had a huge oil leak and some other small problems,seems as though i was not the only one with problems. Detectives showed up at Larry's house (he is the builder) and seized his records,and they found my bank counter check,the cc co letters,my e-mails,and other stuff.

The Detective asked some questions about my problems and wanted to know if i had any proof or pic's of problems,and invoices of what i paid for and did not get,i told him i sure do,so i will be mailing those to to the detective.
I guess he ripped off a couple of other customers,and a machine shop or 2,and since mine was a high dollar purchase $10,000,i am named as a plaintiff (is that right) against LBW for fraud and something else, and it will go before the Judge and i will be getting a nice refund :D

I have to do some serious digging in my motor now to make sure i got what i paid for.
So i have to try an id my crank,rod's,and pistons,supposed to be scat forged crank and i beam rods,pistons are supposed to be KB pistons. And the cam,lifters are supposed to be Howards. will these have a manufacture name on them??
I know my heads and intake are correct,my rockers and water pump,oil pan are wrong.

Anybody have any suggestions about ID'ing the rest of the parts,i still have my build sheet showing what i ordered and paid for,and how do i tell if my lower end was balanced which i paid for and they have no reciepts from any machine shop doing such work,Larry told me he sent it out to a locale machine shop for that.

Sounds like the guy has it coming.....don't know about identifying all the parts, but how can you be a plaintiff if you didn't initiate a suite or agree to join a class action against him? If it was a private detective, which attorney is he working for?

If it is a police detective maybe you are being asked to be a witness in a criminal fraud case.

I wouldn't start ripping my block apart until I had some of the above answered.

Maybe Gene knows....he's been screwed in FLA before.

He was a FL police detective,and told me that i would be named as a victim in this fraud case,since i had so many problems and still do and did not get what i paid for. Larry's old butt is in deep doggy doo :clobbered:
I'm not sure of all the legal jarggin,but i hope the judge finds in my favor and the others that did not get what we paid for. Even if not,there will be one less scum bag ripping people off for money,hell at this point i just want him shut down,probably won't see a dime,a judge saying he has to pay and actually seeing any of it is 2 diffrent things. can't get blood from a turnipe.

Kevin,
I assume you took pictures while the intake was off, correct? Take the time to drop the idler arm and pan, and shoot some more and post them. Between all of us, there is a good chance of visual recognition. Although that engine runs well and strong, for peace of mind, let's take a peak. It certainly can't hurt. You can use it as an excuse to add a pan magnet, and install a 1 piece pan gasket.
As for balancing, look for fresh machine marks that are not nitrided, or mallory metal installed sideways thru the throws. Look for any and all markings you can find.

Yup, I can tell you all about fucking florida laws, or what was once, some decade ago...it's about the MOST wide open state on business law in the union....followed by Nevada and Texas.....from the way I understand it from lawyers.....and my own web searches over the topic years ago....

the amount of crookedness goes up through the Federal Dist. Ct. level, judges and all....but you also have to know, I got all the written proof of my statements...in black and white.....

NOW, some 3-4 years ago US congress passed the BK reform act and one of the foremost BK lawyers here in OP decided to not take any more of them on account of he wanted to know the NEW laws and trail case laws before bothering about the field again....

as I found out, just cause the legislature said so don't mean shit, bunch of bullshit from the git go....it's the crooked courts enforcing the 'laws' that count.....:bomb::crap:

SO IF this guy is a actual prosecutor of some sort, you MAY get some action or money back or NOT.....certainly not worth any trips here unless we can have a beer or few :lol:

about the only guys here in Florida that I know of personally that do good work and honor a warranty in the engine business are those folks that did my vette engine, and redid without charge that 350 iron boat engine....now that was awful decent of them, since the failure mode was highly questionable at best.....and Witcher Machine here down the road in Middleburg, Fl....
then thre is Brent down the street, think he is just a head shop....

then there is Ralph here on Industrial loop, he is just a head shop too....

Ralph does all my head work.....keep it clean now, no remarks or Ralph can toss a wrench good as I can, and he got some EYEtalian background, so don't mess......:cool::eek:

As for anyone else, I dunno, and heard negative comments over the years about the local biggies.....

and the shop that did Mark's 305 chebbies some 8? years ago, Fox engine service, closed up shop....guy got tired, so REtired.....they went into a 28' Chris Craft, the one I had to pilot back to shore so as Mark didn't broach the damn thing in ~8' seas....nitwit.....
:eek::twitch:

Kevin,
I assume you took pictures while the intake was off, correct? Take the time to drop the idler arm and pan, and shoot some more and post them. Between all of us, there is a good chance of visual recognition. Although that engine runs well and strong, for peace of mind, let's take a peak. It certainly can't hurt. You can use it as an excuse to add a pan magnet, and install a 1 piece pan gasket.
As for balancing, look for fresh machine marks that are not nitrided, or mallory metal installed sideways thru the throws. Look for any and all markings you can find.

Will do :thumbs: i already have a 1 piece pan gasket but what the hey,time for a new one. i will pull the pan soon and take some detailed pics,and tell you guys what i'm supposed to have and see if it's there. i know i did not get the right oil pan,or water pump,or rockers,i was supposed to get Scorpion roller 1.6 rockers,and the ones i have are rollers 1.6 but all they say is COMP on them and are red,have not been able to locate them in any parts magazines or the net.

I will agree the motor runs very strong and i'm pleased with it's performance,i would say the only headache ive had is the oil leaks :banghead: i just fixed another one so lets see,oh yeah i found a broken thread chaser in one of the oil pan bolt holes that i can't seem to get out :banghead::banghead:

Kevin,

Will do :thumbs: i already have a 1 piece pan gasket but what the hey,time for a new one. i will pull the pan soon and take some detailed pics,and tell you guys what i'm supposed to have and see if it's there. i know i did not get the right oil pan,or water pump,or rockers,i was supposed to get Scorpion roller 1.6 rockers,and the ones i have are rollers 1.6 but all they say is COMP on them and are red,have not been able to locate them in any parts magazines or the net.

I will agree the motor runs very strong and i'm pleased with it's performance,i would say the only headache ive had is the oil leaks :banghead: i just fixed another one so lets see,oh yeah i found a broken thread chaser in one of the oil pan bolt holes that i can't seem to get out :banghead::banghead:

Tap extractor time

If your getting a full refund I think it would be worthwhile to pull the whole thing out

If your getting a full refund I think it would be worthwhile to pull the whole thing out

You know i am realy thinking seriously about pulling the motor and checking all the tolerances and such just for peace of mind,it sucks to have to do that but it has always be waying heavy on my mind since the problem with getting my parts,the oil leaks, wrong rockers,oil pan. The only thing i know for certain is the Brodix heads and intake and dizzy.

Next time i will do the work myself :suspicious:

You know i am realy thinking seriously about pulling the motor and checking all the tolerances and such just for peace of mind,it sucks to have to do that but it has always be waying heavy on my mind since the problem with getting my parts,the oil leaks, wrong rockers,oil pan. The only thing i know for certain is the Brodix heads and intake and dizzy.

Stop it . Go enlist in your local 12 step now. You have terminal "whilei'matit's."
It's not too late for you. Repeat after me, "I'f it's not broken................."

Stop it . Go enlist in your local 12 step now. You have terminal "whilei'matit's."
It's not too late for you. Repeat after me, "I'f it's not broken................."

I AGREE 1000% or better, short trip to driver yourself carzy.....

:stirpot::harhar::crutches: