X BOX- steering wheel - racing.

BRUTAL64

Neanderthal
Darlene got me the XBOX 360 steering wheel and pedal set for my Birthday.
Fired up the ole X Box 360 and when racing.

First put in PGR4 and took out a couple of high end vehicles. Was all over the place. So I got behind the wheel of a STOCK C2 63 Fuelie. Damn, I felt like I was behind the wheel of my early 327 engined Vette. Won EVERY race I was in it with - this was on the hardest settings. I was working up a sweat during the racing. It felt like I was actually driving the Vette.
Next went to Forza 2 and loaded up the 510 hp moded 67 427 Coupe. With this game the wheel is COMPLETELY adjustable. Set it up just like non power steering and went racing. Damn, am I good. I have one Vette set up just like my C2 and when racing with it. Great fun.

Great work out in your own home. I might have to stay off the weights for one day a week and just race.:sweat:

The great thing about this wheel is the feed back, you hit a bump or rumble strip and wheel reacts just like it would in real life. Great stuff:yahoo:

Now to build a "racing" chair.

The funny thing, Darlene didn't get any sex last night because of me racing. Well, she can miss ONE night.:D:huh2:

Got one of those for my son in June. They are pretty neat...but I lost interest quickly. My kids pretty good at it. BTW, he says my Xbox vette sucks compared to his XBox Infinity.

I think it's really hard to drive without feeling what the car is doing

I think it's really hard to drive without feeling what the car is doing

You would think so. But, with the sounds and the way the car handles on the screen it is very well done. It's not the same as a real race ( no g force ) but having done a little road racing, it still fun to drive cars that you would never get to in real life. The AI of the other cars is really good. They fight and bang on you just like a real race.:thumbs:

For me it is a distraction from the shit I have to put up at work.:crylol:

Got one of those for my son in June. They are pretty neat...but I lost interest quickly. My kids pretty good at it. BTW, he says my Xbox vette sucks compared to his XBox Infinity.

What game were you running in?:D

Forza2 Motorsport

Do you have the Online subscription for xbox? My son plays different games against his friends:bounce: I don't know if the racing game can be played online.

What game were you running in?:D

Forza2 Motorsport

Do you have the Online subscription for xbox? My son plays different games against his friends:bounce: I don't know if the racing game can be played online.

No online, no interent at the shop.:push: