Coupla funky pics...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
These are pics of the Electric Brae in Scotland. If you haven't heard of it, it's an optical illusion where when you think you're going downhill, you're actually going uphill and vice versa.

This pic looks like it goes uphill, but it's actualy going down.
3548a2e11752066.jpg

Opposite here, you think it goes down but it's not!
3548a2e11693f0d.jpg

The best thing is to stop your car, put it in neutral then let the brake off. You're convinced you're facing downhill but once the brake releases, you start rolling backwards up the hill. It even feels wierd walking there. You think you're walking uphill but almost break into a trot. Try walking downhill and it's a struggle :nuts:

Well worth a drive through there if you're ever in that part of the world :thumbs:

3548a2e3ea4d014.jpg

DAMN that's really crazy....I wonder if there is some stretch along the appalachian trail here in the states....follows the ridge line of the mountains from Maine to way south.....there are two roads that are full of tourists every fall, for the fall foliage tours...Skyline drive, built by Roosevelt in the '30's was a WPA project and , BlueRidge parkway, the join somewhere in the Carolinas maybe Virginia.....those roads would produce something similar, I would think, the overall scenery is the same, except for the trees in general are taller and closer to the roadway....many overlooks over the Shenandoah valley and all the farms/villages....wife and I went last fall up that a way to see my old buddies in Wash Dc/Md region....daughter in Baltimore too....

Set up some more Pix there man, looks like a GREAT trip.....

:D:D

Gene, I remember seeing on the TV a few years ago that there was a place in the US that was similar to the Electric Brae, but I can't remember where they said it was.

I'll post some more pics up over the weekend...

...Set up some more Pix there man, looks like a GREAT trip.....

Ok, you asked for it...

These guys opened the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. Once these guys finished, they marched off and...
3548a34e9609e84.jpg

...pipers started coming through the castle gate...
3548a34e972c15e.jpg

...then more pipers...
3548a34e97dbde8.jpg

...still more...
3548a34e98c10c3.jpg

...even bloody more...
3548a34e99902f9.jpg

...until they were all on!
3548a34e9a5cea5.jpg

If you ever get the chance, GO to the Tattoo - absolutely brilliant :thumbs::thumbs:

That's alot of bag's being squezzed :push:

Seriously,those are some cool pic's you have there Wayne :thumbs: what else have you got :fishing: come on we know you have more,you know which ones we want :twitch:

...what else have you got :fishing: come on we know you have more,you know which ones we want :twitch:

Patience Grasshoper. Monster Lady says tomorrow for some more pic taking. Or did you mean more pics of Bonny Scotland? :waxer:

More of the wifey :bounce:
But if you have more of Scotland you can post those also.
Did you happen to make any progress with the sister/sister's while you were there :quote:

DAMN that's really crazy....I wonder if there is some stretch along the appalachian trail here in the states....follows the ridge line of the mountains from Maine to way south.....there are two roads that are full of tourists every fall, for the fall foliage tours...Skyline drive, built by Roosevelt in the '30's was a WPA project and , BlueRidge parkway, the join somewhere in the Carolinas maybe Virginia.....those roads would produce something similar, I would think, the overall scenery is the same, except for the trees in general are taller and closer to the roadway....many overlooks over the Shenandoah valley and all the farms/villages....wife and I went last fall up that a way to see my old buddies in Wash Dc/Md region....daughter in Baltimore too....

Set up some more Pix there man, looks like a GREAT trip.....

Gene, we go up the Blue Ridge a couple times a year. Some of the areas are just awesome. We usually end up around the Boone area where there are some awesome views into the mountains and valleys.

Wayne, those are some great pics. There is a heavy Scottish history here in the NC mountain areas...including the Blue Ridge areas that Gene mentioned. They even have Highland Games on Black Mountain.

Check out the link.

http://www.gmhg.org/

I never really got into bagpipes, but that show must have been spectacular.

Edit, here is a pic of a couple years back of the wife and kids on a hiking trail off the Blue Ridge. If you look towards the upper middle right side, you can see a part off the parkway which hangs off the side of a mountain....

ncmountainsdannygrad005.jpg

Last edited: