Has anyone ever thought about adding a...

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
...rear windscreen wiper on the 78 - 82 Vette's? Or has anyone done it? I thought it would be a cool mod and make the car a little more "modern" looking :)

Chime in with your ideas or pics please...

:shocking::pprrtt:

They look dumb as those headlight wipers on a Mercedes Bends.....

just cause they/you CAN don't mean you SHOULD......:trumpet::banghead:

I think the headlight wipers are wank, but I hate driving with a dirty rear window and as you can imahine, it get's pretty dusty out here.

I'd like to run a rear wiper, but too many things to do first. Just wondering if anyone else had done it...

Hey Saudi...

Sounds like a nice little project for you!

Let us know how it progresses...............:idea:

I think the headlight wipers are wank, but I hate driving with a dirty rear window and as you can imahine, it get's pretty dusty out here.

I'd like to put a wiper there, but too many things to do first. Just wondering if anyone else had done it...

Oh, forgot about your dusty conditions....Once again this morning i'ts do damn dark out I need a flashlight to see the sky......935 my time, and it's looking like midnight....

SO much rain recently I saw a catfish in a canoe going down the gutter, :shocking::shocking:

Hey Saudi...

Sounds like a nice little project for you!

Let us know how it progresses...............:idea:
If no one else has done it, then I guess I'll have to be the first. I'll wait until I do the interior though as I'll be gutting it completely. Is there only the outer body skin beneath the rear widscreen or is there some sort of strengthening rib or panel inside the cabin? I've never looked (the idea only popped into my head the other day following a car in the rain). If not, I'd have to fabricate somewhere to bolt the wiper motor, rather than have the bolts going through the outer skin, which probably wouldn't look too professional :sick:

SO much rain recently I saw a catfish in a canoe going down the gutter, :shocking::shocking:
It hasn't rained out here in over a year! When it does though, it's like mud - the rain mixes with all the dust in the air and drops shit everywhere. It was actually nice to see some clean rain in Scotland :eek:

It hasn't rained out here in over a year! When it does though, it's like mud - the rain mixes with all the dust in the air and drops shit everywhere. It was actually nice to see some clean rain in Scotland :eek:[/QUOTE]

OH, I"m sure it was.....when moving here 11 years ago, I noticed the rainfall here is typically WARM to the point of shower type warm enough for a bar of soap.....

FAR different from that cold icy rainfall even in August, that I got in the Mid Atlantic/Maryland area....always came down like ice....

:surrender::twitch:

You been sipping on the scotch whiskeys ??? A rear wiper..come on now! This can't be serious. :D

It shouldn't be that hard to do. Just start sizing up some off other vehicles. A Chevy Blazer might be a good option. Other wise look as some mini vans.

I had a bit of a gander yesterday and I think I'd have to resposition the fuel door slightly futher rearwood to give enough room for a wiper arm between the bottom of the rear windscreen and the fuel door.

Either that or blank off the fuel door and run a Monza style fuel cap. Dunno how that'd look on an 82 though. Another "I wonder..."

Wayne, as I recall, the position of most rear wipers is not centered anyway, so you really don't have a problem, the blade rests parallel to one side of the window in most cases......no??.....:bonkers:

Yeah Gene but the car I was following that gave me the idea was a Ford Mondeo and it's rear wiper was centered with the arm laying parallel with the bottom of the rear windscreen and when it was on, it ran through 180* (or damn near it) which I think would look better than an offset type.

But, an offset wiper might be easier than shifting the fuel door :bonkers: