Little help! 1976 wiring diagram

Cherry

DREAD NAUGHT
This 76 I'm putting back together, most of the wiring was disconnected, sure could use a wiring diagram, need to know where the neutral safety switch is mounted, Whats the deal with the lever on the steering column and the cable coming from the transmission, Turn key to start and no response, can short the starter and turn the engine over,,, A wiring diagram would solve most of theswe petty questions,,,

The cable is for the trans lock- it locks it in park when you turn the key to OFF and press the little lever down to turn it to LOCK. If that cable is not adjusted right it may not push the sleeve in the column up far enough to make the neutral/park position to start. That's IF the lever on the side of the column is the one I'm thinking of. Did they use that funky thing on "Vettes too? If they did the switch is on top of the column. If not, it may be under the console.

Yea. that stupid cable comes to the sterring column like the real old chevy's did. I found my electric problem,, one of those plastic connector, pushing the male into the female, it pushes the blade lug out the other side , it goes to the neutral safety switch. cut that connector out and did a solder line splice,, When ever I find those plastic connectors ""I cut them out and hard wire. The neutral safe switch was in the console. Thanks for the tip. How you Been?

There's a member over at CF who goes by papawana who has all the C3 wiring diagrams in PDF. He will email the file to you if you shoot him a pm.