ecklers 1 piece front end with no inner fenders

I wouldn`t buy from Eckler, I would find someone to build you one at 2/3 the thickness of a stocker, mine with the flares, aluminum air box and mounting structure weights in about 77lbs.
redvetracr

This one is cheap though, less than 300

As to the 2/3's thickness, could you sand enough off to save a substantial amount of weight?

I think I could actually make money swapping front clips if I can get it for a good price lol

It's a 73 front end, so if I do SVRA I'll have to run with the faster class and get destroyed, but there is at least another 73 that will be slower to lose with me

Yellow, as you recall, my vette used to have a tilt nose on it. I don't think the fiberglass was much lighter than stock. However, it was substantially lighter because it did not have all the bumper brackets, hood brackets, etc. On the other hand, it was a flimsy pile of sh1t and I would much rather see you remove weight in other areas. Corvettes are built like junk to begin with and there isn't much sense in making them even worse.

Yellow, as you recall, my vette used to have a tilt nose on it. I don't think the fiberglass was much lighter than stock. However, it was substantially lighter because it did not have all the bumper brackets, hood brackets, etc. On the other hand, it was a flimsy pile of sh1t and I would much rather see you remove weight in other areas. Corvettes are built like junk to begin with and there isn't much sense in making them even worse.

Yeh, but they damn sure are sexy pieces of shit...eh???

:devil::drink:

I'm not sure. I never wanted to have sex with one.

I would say that they are a very fun car to modify, play around with etc. but they are a dime a dozen and are not anything special. The owners who think they have a status car or something unusual, are kidding themselves. The corvette is far from a chick magnet. GM has been pumping out about 40,000 vettes a year for some 40 years. The car says "middle aged poser" like none other (well, maybe a C4 says it even louder). They are a fun car to drive, are relatively inexpensive but have always been built like rubbish and I hope someday, GM changes this fact. They have been one of the least reliable cars built, since the inception of the C3 in 1968 and continue this tradition with the C6. I like the simplicity of the older ones but even they can be greatly improved by eliminating the "fluff" (pop up headlights, wiper doors, etc). The methods of fastening the interior pieces are horrendous in the C3. In my opinion, the C3 owner who recognizes what he has and is grounded about that fact that it is nothing special, will have the most fun modifying the ever living hell out of it. On the other hand, the bone stock collector is a douche and should have his car impounded and redeployed to a mod freak.

Last edited:
I have no other areas to remove weight

And it isn't a tilt front end, instead of the bonded panels it's just one solid piece

I'm not really concerned about picking up chicks either, no tag, slicks, never been driven on the street

Plus who needs a car to pick up chicks?

Last edited:

I would say that they are a very fun car to modify, play around with etc. but they are a dime a dozen and are not anything special. The owners who think they have a status car or something unusual, are kidding themselves. The corvette is far from a chick magnet. GM has been pumping out about 40,000 vettes a year for some 40 years. The car says "middle aged poser" like none other (well, maybe a C4 says it even louder). They are a fun car to drive, are relatively inexpensive but have always been built like rubbish and I hope someday, GM changes this fact. They have been one of the least reliable cars built, since the inception of the C3 in 1968 and continue this tradition with the C6. I like the simplicity of the older ones but even they can be greatly improved by eliminating the "fluff" (pop up headlights, wiper doors, etc). The methods of fastening the interior pieces are horrendous in the C3. In my opinion, the C3 owner who recognizes what he has and is grounded about that fact that it is nothing special, will have the most fun modifying the ever living hell out of it. On the other hand, the bone stock collector is a douche and should have his car impounded and redeployed to a mod freak.

Damn dude you might want to think about getting a different car. I know get a Honda or something, thats nothing special either.:twitch:

I have no other areas to remove weight

And it isn't a tilt front end, instead of the bonded panels it's just one solid piece

My 81 Daytona TT front end was some place in Baton Rouge. I can't remember the name, but it was a small add in the back of corvette fever mag. Mine was 150 pounds less than the stock front end.

I notice you didn't say anything about the C2. Good thing too.:gurney:

:drink::lol:

I notice you didn't say anything about the C2. Good thing too.:gurney:

:drink::lol:

Even though I do not own one, I recognize that a C2 was built better than a C3. In addition, it is more unique. I prefer the early C3 for other reasons.

Last edited:
I have the Ecklers 1-piece front end on my 82. It is MUCH lighter than stock. The fiberglass is half as thick or less. I can carry the whole front end by myself around the yard.