I have less vacume now.

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Got the Holley 750 dp on and running today,and was setting the timming,and idle mixture. I noticed that i'm only carrying 7"vac where before with the
725vs Demon i had 10" vac. I have gone back and checked all the intake bolts and carb bolts,no problem there, tried running the mixture screws in to see if i had a vac leak,no problem found there,screwing the mixture screws in will kill the motor,doing one at a time.
Is this just normal with going to a little bigger cfm,or am i missing something here.

I have the base set at 16*,waiting for the motor to cool down so i can get my hand in there by the headers and hook the light up, i need to check where i'm at ,at 2800 rpm,i'm going to set that at 36*,so maybe my base is to high. i will get back with some more numbers in a little bit.

:noob:can you say STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can :banghead: it helps if you hook the vacume gauge up to the right port :shocking: after checking the timming again and setting the idle,i had no vacume :confused: but if i raised the rpm to 1500 i had 10" vac,what i had with the other carb :crap: so i checked the port where i had my gauge hooked up,yip it was the timed port :cussing::suicide:

Now i have 10" at idle,all is well again.