making money the easy way

redvetracr

This is how you make money...I could have bought this car in Switzerland for $75K plus the Naber bros restoration (probably another) $100-$125K.....It was raced in 1970 by the guy who raced my car in 71-72...this thing was a race car almost since day one, now it`s a restored piece of art..I bet he gets at least $400K.....

As I have changed direction in my collection to original unrestored cars I am selling my black 69 L88 convertible.It is one of 2 69 black convertibles known and was ordered new by Tony DeLorenzo.It was restored with no expense spared by by Ken and Gary Naber in 2003.As with most L88s it does not have the original drive train.Awards include Bloomington Gold,Special Collection(twice)Hall of Fame,NCRS Top Flight,Gold Spinner and Triple Crown.Docs include a signed and notarized affidavit from Tony DeLorenzo,copy of the original window sticker and complete owner history.This is a well known car in the Corvette circle.Price is $450,000 and I would be interested in interesting muscle car trades especially unrestored survivors.I am happy to email pictures to anyone interested.For more info please call me @214-707-3000 or email [email protected] Thank you

Wonder if you could get a lot for your car if you made it into a show car

funny you mention that, I was talking to Jim Herlinger (he owns one of the James Garner "A-I-R" L-88 cars) he suggested I have it repainted as it was when Delorenzo built it, send it to LeMans for the vintage races and try to sell it there (yea "LeMans" like in France) on top of all that I should pay the former German driver to drive it around.....and what about the small block I asked?, no one will notice he answered. Herlinger told me he was planning on selling his car at the Monterey auction and that he was thinking of offering Guldstrand (who originally drove it) $5K to drive it over the auction block...he thinks it`s worth $750K so whats $5K in the grand scheme of things?.....my goal now is to put an all aluminum 433" 750hp big block in it and have at it. Of course my older daughter just graduated from UW Whitewater and my younger one is starting at UW Madison the end of this month.....oh yea, and what shall I do with my 18* head 414" SB? the one with two (Fu%#@nG) hours on it with the custom built $1700 triple step headers?...besides send it down to FL for you to use that is.....and oh yea (part II) I still have the 23* head 406" sitting in the barn no one wants (besides you for free).....

Damn, guess that makes my old Mid Atlantic region show car worth some 200 grand also...eh???

hummmmm....

:D:waxer: