Kalifornia smog stuff

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
This thread will be about 76-82 Vettes, and their special Kalifornia smog requirements. Here is my report today. (Just so you 49 state guys see what we have to endure).
348a09ad1f34b3.jpg

All I C on the bottom is Pass Pass and the numbers are meaningless as the EPA EVER was.....

We all better learn to :beer: and :waxer:all day cause we damn sure can't pass any EPA :pprrtt: for welding fumes.....:flash:

Wow! I see they ran a 12.26 a couple of days ago when they tested your car. :D

They raised the tesing fee $6.00 this year. Total of $60.00 with cert.
They added a new test. They clamp off the vapor recovery hose, screw an adater onto the fuel tank, and test the charcoal canister.:twitch:
Luckily, I already replaced all that crap. Hell, I've changed everything but the windshield, and that is on the list. (Pits):smash:

Hmmmmmmm i wonder what that report would look like if they tested my car??? the 110 oct with lead in it would probably kill the machine.

Hmmmmmmm i wonder what that report would look like if they tested my car??? the 110 oct with lead in it would probably kill the machine.

You wouldn't make it past visual inspection.:gurney:

Hey Doug,

In my state (PA), they have classic and antique registrations. Classic is for vehicles 20 yrs or old and antique is for 25 yrs or older. A classic requires a safety inspection (lights, brakes). It doesn't require the Emission. Antique doesn't require either.

Don't they have something like that in CA?
Tim

Hey Doug,

In my state (PA), they have classic and antique registrations. Classic is for vehicles 20 yrs or old and antique is for 25 yrs or older. A classic requires a safety inspection (lights, brakes). It doesn't require the Emission. Antique doesn't require either.

Don't they have something like that in CA?
Tim

They froze the year at 1975. Older is exempt. 75 and newer, EVERY year up to OBDII. I just did the 81.

I am so happy ya "Left Wingers" are sending clean air to us "Right Wingers" so that I can still start my woodstove with used motor oil and dead tires.

Thanks.:bonkers::bonkers:
-M-

I am so happy ya "Left Wingers" are sending clean air to us "Right Wingers" so that I can still start my woodstove with used motor oil and dead tires.

Thanks.:bonkers::bonkers:
-M-

What's a wood stove? Is that like frozen white shit I have heard of?