SBC gaskets...

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
I flat forget....is there any gaskets between the oil pump and the main cap?? and between that pressure valve aluminum casting and the block???

anyone quickly??? thanks.....none provided, but I would think they are necessary....

"oil pump and the main cap"=NO!
between the oil filter and the adapter =YES (but its usually on the filter}
between the oil filter adapter and the block=yes (USUALLY but it depends on the adapter used)

mrg-1272_w.jpg

prm-186_w.jpg
some use O-rings not gaskets

Last edited:
between the oil filter adapter and the block=yes (USUALLY but it depends on the adapter used)

not the adaptor, we got that one, it's that two small bolted pressure relief spring housing the filter would screw on to....between it and the block....

I would think there is a gasket there....but no listings, none supplied....

my memory not worth a damn....

:mad:

mrg-1272_w.jpg

previous post was before I saw that pix.....but that gasket shown is what I don't find anywhere....damnit....

is it special? or could we make one from ordinary gasket material???

:crap:

What they have is a remote filter housing with hoses on it....so we need to screw it on to that housing with the two small bolts...and that gasket shown is no where to be found....lovely....

glas we don't need one for the oil pump, anyway....

thanks...:crutches:

IF you can,t order a replacement from the manufacturer,you can make one easily, just use a majic marker to cover adapters contact surface, press it on a sheet of gasket material and cut the resulting pattern out carefully, it depends on the adapter design if a gasket is necessary

largeimage.asp

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TRD-1059&N=700+115&autoview=sku

but you can order a new adapter with a gasket very cheaply

Last edited:
There is usually no gasket between the block and the oil filter adapter

There is usually no gasket between the block and the oil filter adapter

Went to the parts house and a old chebby mechanic was there, older than ME even I showed the housing in question and he said NO gasket required....and then I looked at the flow diagram, and the castings in question and thinking I need think again.....:eek::eek::twitch:

at any rate the thing is going together, and i'ts a LOT more :bs: than i'ts ever worth....it's IT for me and Johnny, this POS Pariah had it's last daze of work after it's in the hull....paint it and SELL IT.....

hole in the water....Break Out Another Thousand.....

rather have my own 30-40' sailing craft anyway....

:bounce::bounce: