Tranny cooler

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
I need a vendor/number for a tranny cooler. Plate type cooler, 6"x24".

Plate type??? mine is junkyard off a mopar tow car, it's about that size but has a flat bent pipe ZZZing back and forth both connections on one end....inch thick rows....

down bottom in front of the a/c cond, and below my air cleaners....

:hi:

Found it. Tru-Cool Max. 4921-1 $90.50 6"x23 3/4". Will fit exactly between the bottom of the hood when up, and the brace at the bottom. Long enough to screw to the A/C cond edges. Both 3/8" fittings on same side as the rad cooler.

Found it. Tru-Cool Max. 4921-1 $90.50 6"x23 3/4". Will fit exactly between the bottom of the hood when up, and the brace at the bottom. Long enough to screw to the A/C cond edges. Both 3/8" fittings on same side as the rad cooler.

Looks damn close to what I have...it works....

:devil:

Dunno if it'll work real well but I mounted a pair of finned, billet style coolers on the front cross support (dunno if that's the right name but it's the bar that runs left to right in front of, and lower than, the rad).

I've run the tranny cooler lines up through the gap between the rad support where the A/C hoses are and ran the hydro/PS lines through the same gap on the driver's side.

When I get it running, I'll try and get some temp measurements...