Hood wont open

agent20x

I just installed a new motor and just when I thought everything was going pretty well I got around to putting the hood back on and the latch wont disengage on the driver side.

I think it might have something to do with the clearance between the air cleaner because it has an air gap intake.

I went with a different style wingnut and it gave me a lot more clearance but I probably need a little more still, but I can't get back in there to work on it until i can get the hood back open. Anybody had this problem before?

:banghead::gurney: have wife pull handle inside while you pound the hood just over the catch with your fist, meaty part....not knuckles....:ill:

after that, you have to get under the fender with a good bright light and see the catch and manipulate it open.....there are mentions of various tools or levers you maybe able to release it with....but good luck with that....

:crap:

in the wiper area are plasic plugs just inboard of the plastic debris grilles, pop the one out corresponding to your offending latch and use a long screwdriver to undo the latch by pushing forward on the release tab, it's a bit of a fiddle the first but you should be able to open it within a few minutes, after you're done look for the plug and push it back in from the engine side