headlamp act. relay

hinky66

are there any quality vacuum relays on the market for my 72.just tried 2 new ones from catalog -made in china- both defective.also, is there a fix for tele.steering wheel that won't stay put.

Do you mean that the telescopic section will not lock? If so, you need to pull the horn button and the horn assembly and undo the little bolts in the star adjuster and move the locking ring one space to the left (or more) and reattach. The telescopic section locks by the star bolt pushing a pin down locking the telescopic section. You can test it with a screwdriver, and it's easiest set that way also. Turn the screwdriver clockwise to lock the star bolt and then bolt on the adjuster so that it's not touching the right outer edge of the adjustment (there's a groove in the bezel and a tang on the back of the adjuster ring)

dunno about the relays.

I have a old relay outta my '72 here, it's fairly fresh just setting on the garage shelf for years now....I THINK i'ts a GM part from way back.....now it's got black paint on it, and last I checked, it worked well.....I will look it over and test it to be sure if you interested....

but not sending jack until I pretty sure it's a go....

lemme know....PM is best....

:sos: