23.5" tall front tires

Yellow73SB

I'm going to be running these

23.5"x9.5"x15"

And 27x10 in the rear, I don't think they have anything else, I'm buying these tires used from usdrrt, 160 bucks and he says they are fresh, he has a good reputation. I really need to swap in a manual tranny for this tire height to work good

They seem kind of small but hopefully should be fine

Heres what they will look like but mine will be wider

The front will be radials and the rears bias, but I'll just be auto-xing on them

IMG_0052.jpg

I usually run 26.5"s so it will drop the car 1.5" more

Last edited:
I'm going to be running these

23.5"x9.5"x15"

And 27x10 in the rear, I don't think they have anything else, I'm buying these tires used from usdrrt, 160 bucks and he says they are fresh, he has a good reputation. I really need to swap in a manual tranny for this tire height to work good

They seem kind of small but hopefully should be fine

Heres what they will look like but mine will be wider

The front will be radials and the rears bias, but I'll just be auto-xing on them

IMG_0052.jpg

I usually run 26.5"s so it will drop the car 1.5" more

don`t do it.....you`ll be sorry.....

Front radials rear plys? WOW, that's a big no no. The sidewall flex and scrub characteristics are so different, it is not advised to mix radials and plys.

I actually got mixed up when reading his auctions

They are both bias

And they are actually 23x9.5x15

And the compound they come in are bias only

I don't think they will work though

It says on hoosiers site the recommended wheel is 7", I have 10"

Last edited:
Hopefully I can get them to bead on 10" wheels

They have a 10.2" section width

I ordered the tires today

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see the 27x10 listed on Hoosier's website.

There's no way those 23's are going to bead up on a 10" rim-they're a canitlevered slick.

On hoosier it says up to a 9" rim

The 27x10's are circle track tires, 3035 compound

WTF Over

You should be looking in the 26-28" OD for tires, Most things I read say that is about the limit for the production based chassis. Also the treadwidth and the rim width should be very close to equal and favor a SLIGHTLY wider rim if you have to cheat.

\_/ vs /_\ spreading the sidewall will tend to lift the center of the contact patch. This can be corrected for with tire pressure restoring the contact patch. On a narrower wheel the tire tends to belly out at the center and more air makes the condition worse further reducing the contact patch.

Think about what happens to the chassis components in relation to the ground, and the ground clearance issues this will create.

If your gonna go 'racin suck it up and buy the right components and work on your skills by getting seat time.

:shocking::shocking:

This is just for auto-x

I don't wanna spend money on it

I can get some 15x7's if necessary

Not worried about ground clearance either, an air strip is perfectly flat

I'll get some good tires for road course, the same size redvetracr runs

Your car does not have ANY dive in the front under braking and corners perfectly flat?

IMHO auto cross is much harder on front tires that rear. Maybe some of the experts will pipe up...

Good Luck

:suspicious:

These are 23x10

15x10's, but the tires are designed for 15x10's

070708154.jpg

And also putting these tires on lowers it like 2"

I should still have at least 3" between the spoiler/sidepipes/oil pan and the ground

Last edited:
that red car belongs to a girl at CF who asks "what shall I name her"...whatever someone like that does you should do the exact opposite....really!
I think that 27X10 Hoosier is a spec stock car tire, where as those on the red car are (I think) actually built by McCreary......something I wouldn`t use. $160 for the wrong tires?...how much more are the correct ones?? and your aware Hoosiers are all date coded aren`t you?

He said they would be fresh

He has 100% feedback too

I was just using the red car as an example of 23" tall tires

I may be able to find some tires tomorrow too, headed down to Daytona to see my cousin race

Anything will be better than what I have now

They had a set there

dam they are small lol

They're coming tomorrow

I'll take some pics

I got them today

They are very soft

They seem pretty small but will probably work for awhile

I think I'm going to get some 25x10x15 front tires

101_2109.jpg

101_2110.jpg

Last edited: