Dep style front suspension upgrade

With the straight axle in there, you can go much bigger and heavier in engine size than a puny 327. Heck, you could drop an old 392 hemi in there no problemo. You have both the room and the strength. Cool car!!!:cool:

With the straight axle in there, you can go much bigger and heavier in engine size than a puny 327. Heck, you could drop an old 392 hemi in there no problemo. You have both the room and the strength. Cool car!!!:cool:

392 HEMI, ???? thought I wuz the only guy here olde tyme enuff to remember what in F that was......

:clobbered::crap:

nothing against gassers but that's a waste of a C2.

Actually, it's a perfect use for a C2. No Corvair rear suspension to break. A nice, heavy duty solid axle with positraction. The whole car and suspension is a perfect setup for drag racing. And it was pretty common to see C2 Vettes at the strip. Much more so than the IRS stuff.

The rear end is kind of shady

DSCF3831.jpg

The rear bumper isn't straight and the leaf springs appear to be upside down.... :lol::lol:

Good grief!!! What have you been smokin' young man????? :suspicious:
No rear leafs on that car. Those leaf springs in the picture are on the front of the car to mount the straight axle. A very period correct coil springs with Air Lift air bags mounts the rear axle. Not sure I would have gone that way. Leafs with Lakewood traction bars would have been more effective. But they probably used coils to get tire clearance. Gene will know what the Air Lifts are. And the correct terminology is Nerf Bars, not "rear bumper". It's more show than function. It's a neat nostalgia setup, but the bidding has already exceeded the value of the car IMHO.

Note there are no front brakes on the car. Must be real exciting trying to stop that beast after the 1/4 mile. :yahoo:

The rear bumper isn't straight and the leaf springs appear to be upside down.... :lol::lol:

No rear leafs on that car. Those leaf springs in the picture are on the front of the car to mount the straight axle. A very period correct coil springs with Air Lift air bags mounts the rear axle. Not sure I would have gone that way. Leafs with Lakewood traction bars would have been more effective. But they probably used coils to get tire clearance. Gene will know what the Air Lifts are. And the correct terminology is Nerf Bars, not "rear bumper". It's more show than function. It's a neat nostalgia setup, but the bidding has already exceeded the value of the car IMHO.

Note there are no front brakes on the car. Must be real exciting trying to stop that beast after the 1/4 mile. :yahoo:

POP POP , that's what airbags are, and they are NOT in the damn steering wheel either newbies.....

I haven't heard NERF bars in SO long....makes me float away, all them decades removed from my shoulders.....:twitch::eek::trumpet::stirpot:

POP POP , that's what airbags are, and they are NOT in the damn steering wheel either newbies.....

I haven't heard NERF bars in SO long....makes me float away, all them decades removed from my shoulders.....:twitch::eek::trumpet::stirpot:

NERF bars---one of my favorite things. Actually thought about putting a set on the Vette in the 70's.:push::)

NERF bars---one of my favorite things. Actually thought about putting a set on the Vette in the 70's.:push::)

IF it wouldn't look kind of HOKEY on the street since it is obviously not a drag queen, ....I would put a SHOW set for just shit's and giggles on the back of my car, but I suspect most folks would just not know jack,...thought of it just for fun though.....:2nd::lol::trumpet::harhar::chinese: