1975 steering problem

carlthecopyking

Mornin,

My 75 coupe has had the entire front end rebuilt,however I still have a problem with the car pulling to the right when ever I let go of the steering wheel. The car did have a 4 wheel alignment.Any help much appreciated.

Mornin,

My 75 coupe has had the entire front end rebuilt,however I still have a problem with the car pulling to the right when ever I let go of the steering wheel. The car did have a 4 wheel alignment.Any help much appreciated.

Welcome :hi:

If it has power steering, could be that the control valve is not balanced.

Have you had the rear trailing arm bushings and shims replaced? The local Goodyear shop would not touch the rear on a previous vette because of rusted shims and worn out bushings.

Could also be a brake issue, a dragging caliper maybe. Check the brake line, if there's any corrosion on the collars crimped around the hose you could have a problem there.

Do you have power steering?

I'll also say the steering control valve is out of balance, this would be the first place to start if you have power steering.There are a series of steps to realign it.

Another thing, flop you tires R to L and see, it could be radial tire pull.....

which sounds stupid but is common as green grass.....

:bounce::hunter:

OH, obviously, welcome to the group of smart guys here.....

Hey Carl, good to see you here. Get your check book out buddy, and get it fixed before we go to PA! And while your there let them put your antenna on. Its going to be a long three hour drive without it.:crylol:

Your good buddy,
Danny (vette)

Last edited:
Steel belted radials some times split inside and cause a car to pull right or left.
Try putting the front tires on the back and see if it drives strait. I've had it happen twice after a front end guy did everything he could.

Steel belted radials some times split inside and cause a car to pull right or left.
Try putting the front tires on the back and see if it drives strait. I've had it happen twice after a front end guy did everything he could.

Yeh, I referr to is as 'radial tire pull'...like posted above...dunno why, but it's in the tires, somehow....something to do with the way the belts are layed in the process.....related to the older tyme with radial tires being directional with arrows on them....

:crap: