Wanna laugh you ASS off?? go there....

Not the ammeter again LOL

That ampmeter has them guys SO befuddled and bewildered, they can't get past elementary school electricals and realize it's NOT really an ampmeter, but just a relative indicator due to the way it's wired....

but GEE, it's marked ampmeter......

I give the hell UP already.....:stirpot::lol::lol::D

What amazes me is that you explained it very well and then your reply got pretty much ignored for like half a page or so.....

What amazes me is that you explained it very well and then your reply got pretty much ignored for like half a page or so.....

I have typed essentially the same reply for some what must be a dozen times over the years....been there since June'99.......

vettes are wired same as all other GM cars of the era....

:hunter:

All I can say is a picture (schematic) is worth a thousand words. Hell I'm a EE and even I got a brain lock trying to follow some of this. I'm still trying to figure out clockwise...:banghead: :D

Bullshark

Had my head spinning. Biggest problem is that someone in the future will do a search and that thread will pop up.......and really confuse the hell out of someone.

All I can say is a picture (schematic) is worth a thousand words. Hell I'm a EE and even I got a brain lock trying to follow some of this. I'm still trying to figure out clockwise...:banghead: :D

Bullshark

I hear you, and I agree, but over the decades these alts have had so much sand blasting cleanup OR repro castings, or some such reason the terminal #s don't appear on the casting I think it said 1-2 at one point....but since they not there anymore on 90% of the one's I seen lately....well some guys have the OEM and God knows what YEAR for what color codes on that damn regulator....

everyone knows it's all the same far as the alt is concerned, and so the car has to conform to the requirements of the internal reg chip of the alt....

so I describe it best I can....

:devil::fishing::thumbs: