Exhaust x-over

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
What is a good way to permanently block the exhaust cross over passage? Alum intake,BBC, don't care about reversing the process.:flash:

Epoxy an aluminium slug in there. Even better would be to weld and then reface the surface with a belt sander. Like this:

2488f210290177.jpg

I like that. I think I would even set it back 1/4" to not mess with the contact area. I see no harm with that. I'll try to find someone to heliarc it today. Thanks.:1st:

Ahhh....do it the easy quick way, Plaster of Paris...olde tyme hotrodders trick, surprised you dunno that.....

just fill the passage with the Plaster, let it harden, then clean it up a bit, and put in place.....the exhaust gasses will NOT burn it....anything else they may well burn through....

:eek::thumbs:

Ahhh....do it the easy quick way, Plaster of Paris...olde tyme hotrodders trick, surprised you dunno that.....

just fill the passage with the Plaster, let it harden, then clean it up a bit, and put in place.....the exhaust gasses will NOT burn it....anything else they may well burn through....

:eek::thumbs:

I did know that. Darrow used that method. Just checking for the best. Not my $$.:nuts:

Thanks Marck. $50.
34890cec825c84.jpg
34890cec914143.jpg
Glen, I got us an artist that welds everything, including cast iron. Just not pot metal.

Thanks Marck. $50.
34890cec825c84.jpg
34890cec914143.jpg
Glen, I got us an artist that welds everything, including cast iron. Just not pot metal.

Yea, that is pretty.
The young 4 wheel drive dudes, by the shop are "artist": too.:quote:

Man, they make MY welding look ugly.:skeptic:

Between the two we might be able to get some good welding.:toothbrush: