west coast trip pic's

kwplot34

Heart Attack
all right as promised here are some pic's. i will post some tonight and some more later. Left Jeffs neighborhhod today and made it too Gallup NM around 9:00 tonight.
So here we go enjoy.
Oklahoma panhandle :zzz:
101_0655.jpg

Texas panhandle :zzz:
101_0661.jpg

5hrs of pure boring HELL

New Mexico
101_0664.jpg

Flagstaff AZ. i wonder whats in that trailer :D
101_0670.jpg

Temp in the Mojave dessert. but it's a dry heat! right??:bullshit:
101_0682.jpg

Mojave. yip it's pretty baron for the next 8hrs,same scenery :sweat:
101_0684.jpg

Oh the things you will see in the dessert :lol:
101_0686.jpg

First day in CA,seeing the sights with Jeff
101_0687.jpg

that frame was just powder coated
101_0688.jpg

101_0689.jpg

101_0690.jpg

101_0691.jpg

101_0692.jpg

101_0693.jpg

101_0694.jpg

101_0695.jpg

101_0696.jpg

Day 2 pic's comming soon.:cool:

That's funny, mounting that dizzy upside down in that Ford cammer there....

:yahoo::yahoo::bonkers::shocking:

And yes, the western high plains are very boring, if not for a car full of people to keep entertained with, I would have fallen asleep about 3 years ago.....

best guess those mountains you looking at are about 150 miles away or so....

We all seen photographs, but NONE of them worth a damn compared to reality...go see Grand Canyon, southern bend AZ side, i'ts totally shocking and crazy beautiful site....follow the road around the rim for different shot/angles......

take the time to see painted desert and petrified forest too, and stop by Carlsbad, and see the meteor crater......

the GRAND SCALE of things out there is just mind boggling......

across the Grand Canyon would be me like seeing into Georgia from here.....65+ miles....phreakout time.....

Last edited:
Where exactly is this? Is it open to public?

Yes. Marck, you need to get with me when you are here. There are all kinds of places not well advertised. You can even make appointments to take a tour of Foose, and he is usually there.
Unfortunately, Bill Astor is selling his collection, as the son is not interested.
Briggs Cunningham was the best of the best, but is long gone, along with most of Bill Harrah's collection.
The Peterson Museum, along with the Nethercut collection is a MUST SEE. Riku got to see the Peterson cars NOT on the floor.
You should also meet Dick Guldstrand while he is still "available."
I could keep you immersed in fine cars for 3 days straight.:trumpet:

Yes. Marck, you need to get with me when you are here. There are all kinds of places not well advertised. You can even make appointments to take a tour of Foose, and he is usually there.
Unfortunately, Bill Astor is selling his collection, as the son is not interested.
Briggs Cunningham was the best of the best, but is long gone, along with most of Bill Harrah's collection.
The Peterson Museum, along with the Nethercut collection is a MUST SEE. Riku got to see the Peterson cars NOT on the floor.

Yep, nothing like So Cal for cars and cars and more cars.:nuts:

3488f09704f43d.jpg
[/IMG]
Left to right. Darrow(Darrow),Kevin(KWPlot),and Glen (Beagle1).
3488f0b042e557.jpg
[/IMG]
Lunch Sat at Marie Calenders.
Left to right
Linda-Glen(Beagle1),Teri(Birdswife),Kevin(KWPlot),Darrow(Darrow),Glen-Darlene(Glens64),Scott(CAScotty),Steve-Linda(From Smokin Vette)
3488f0b4799dd1.jpg
[/IMG]
Kevin-Scott
3488f0b02de0e1.jpg
[/IMG]
Rest stop before lunch Sat. (Camp Pendleton)

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time! Few familiar faces and cars! Waiting for the day 2 pics! There were none at the day 2 thread, so I had to come back to day 1 thread!

PS. I don't want to hi-jack your great thread, but I think this is the correct place to tell that the vid from Bird Fest I is coming, someday...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time! Few familiar faces and cars! Waiting for the day 2 pics! There were none at the day 2 thread, so I had to come back to day 1 thread!

PS. I don't want to hi-jack your great thread, but I think this is the correct place to tell that the vid from Bird Fest I is coming, someday...

Great, I'm ready for that Video>:yahoo:

Been to Foose shop a couples of times and Peterson museum
I think that if Marck goes there Big bird I wouldnt be surprise if he tries to do like Robin Williams in the movie where he defect from Russia.

Attachments

• P1010189.JPG
    P1010189.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 8
  • P1010185.JPG
    P1010185.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010183.JPG
    P1010183.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 6

Day 2 pic's are up,look under the thread West coast pic's 2.5.

Bird, we're in LA Sept 11th & 12th, flying back to Chi town on the 13th.

Bird, we're in LA Sept 11th & 12th, flying back to Chi town on the 13th.

I'll send you an e-mail later today, and get your preferences.:bounce: