For Larry

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
3488dbc045c842.jpg
[/IMG]
3488dbc04cf702.jpg
[/IMG]
On an old ORIGINAL (steel) 31 rat rod.:wink:

Good, GOD, about valuable as can BE, old steel rod....

sweet, some cleaning up and TLC, and i'ts worth a fortune....

50 grand, easy....

:shocking:

Very Cool.

I go to the Goodguys show in Columbus and there is always a group of Rat Rodders with all steel cars. When all the cars leave the fairgrounds people line up to watch the parade. You will see high dollar builds that can barely move under their own power and EVERY Rat Rod runs like a top.

Gene, you would never suggest "some cleaning up and TLC" to a Rat Rodder:shocking:

Very Cool.

I go to the Goodguys show in Columbus and there is always a group of Rat Rodders with all steel cars. When all the cars leave the fairgrounds people line up to watch the parade. You will see high dollar builds that can barely move under their own power and EVERY Rat Rod runs like a top.

Gene, you would never suggest "some cleaning up and TLC" to a Rat Rodder:shocking:

hehe....true....I consider my car a later generation 'rat rod'.....it's not all THAT bad but it needs constant clean up....

:gurney:

Very Cool.

hehe....true....I consider my car a later generation 'rat rod'.....it's not all THAT bad but it needs constant clean up....

:gurney:

I've heard people (Bird) call my c2 a Rat rod. I don't know why.:eek:h:

True rats evolve, they are not built. They have real character and are pure & authentic machines.
The new generation of "rats" that are built to look that way are pathetic posers, as are the tattooed & pierced peckerhead wannabes who fawn over them.
This one is obviously genuine--way cool!

(& Ratt Fink Rules!)

True rats evolve, they are not built. They have real character and are pure & authentic machines.
The new generation of "rats" that are built to look that way are pathetic posers, as are the tattooed & pierced peckerhead wannabes who fawn over them.
This one is obviously genuine--way cool!

(& Ratt Fink Rules!)
:amused::drink:

But that's not waxing, I hate washing cars, I can't even remember when the last time was I did it :)

Look at Xanders thread, someone commented about how dirty/dusty the car is. I'm not waxing it!

It's not my fault that more stuff needed minor refreshing, and that parts are trickling in at a slow pace....and...well...we had to change some little things here and there, and some more over there...oh and while we were at it why not do that thing there too.....

you know how it goes :)

But that's not waxing, I hate washing cars, I can't even remember when the last time was I did it :)

Look at Xanders thread, someone commented about how dirty/dusty the car is. I'm not waxing it!

It's not my fault that more stuff needed minor refreshing, and that parts are trickling in at a slow pace....and...well...we had to change some little things here and there, and some more over there...oh and while we were at it why not do that thing there too.....

you know how it goes :)

We do know what its like but as long as it does not start looking like your 82 all is not lost.

82..dayum, forgot all about that car :D I haven't even physically seen it in months :crap:

All I see is a rusty bucket of bolts. :tomato:

Thats not rust, it's character:wink:

I wonder how much is left after you hit it with Naval Jelly :lol::lol::lol:

That car is early american steel. My T is 85 years old, and was in worse shape, and cleaned up fine. You could frame off that car, and it would clean up fine, but the character would be gone. (That car is also a daily driver).:D