Aftermarket cast iron 4 piston calipers

Those are aluminium and they sure look like the SSBC Force 10 caliper. Made to look like originals.

No, not really when comparing to wilwoods but they are a good bit lighter than stock. The force 10 caliper is pretty heavy for an aluminium caliper. I just had 2 pair of them in my hands a couple of weeks ago. They are nice quality, with nice oversized torx bolts holding the 2 halves together. They appeared to be a pretty good quality product.

No, not really when comparing to wilwoods but they are a good bit lighter than stock. The force 10 caliper is pretty heavy for an aluminium caliper. I just had 2 pair of them in my hands a couple of weeks ago. They are nice quality, with nice oversized torx bolts holding the 2 halves together. They appeared to be a pretty good quality product.

I have to agree with TT. We sell them here and quailty is VERY VERY good.:)

I have a set of SSBC's aluminum calipers on my 68. They are about 1/2 the weight of the stock cast iron units. (8lbs versus 16 lbs I think) I particularly like them because they look like the stock calipers. The front calipers are a straight bolt in. The rear calipers are also, except for one small difference. The brake line attaches at a different point. An expedient fix for the soft steel brake lines is to just bend them with a tube bender to make them fit. If you have SS brake lines, they're just to difficult to hand bend and flare. What you need to do, if you have SS lines, is mark where you want them cut and flared (you basically are shortening their length), and then mail them to In-Line tube in Michigan for cuting and flairing. (Well..mail them to In-Line if you live in the US). This mod makes them take on a factory stock installation look.

I have DOT 5 (silicon), SS lines, a rebuilt Master Cyclinder with a SS inner liner. I've got really tight brakes. I plan to install SSBC's calipers in my 70, except I will pick their larger piston option for the front calipers. The larger pistons mean that you can no longer ever use 15" wheels. You need 16" or greater with these. The calipers are a little pricey. Plan on about $1500 for a set. They sell silver cad plated rotors also. $138 a piece (!). However they don't rust like unplated rotors so I will get their rotors for the rear. I have NOS hubs and riveted factory rotors up front, so I'll stick with them since they are pretty much guaranteed to not have a run-out tolerance problem.

Last edited:
what pad does it take?? Mitsubishi maybe?

Your correct, they are Mitsubishi pads that use 2 pins. I found that out when I bought my Hawk pads for them.

anyone using them in on a race car has to hope a race pad is available for a Mitsubishi......

That is one draw back to them. I know Hawk has race compounds in them, although I only use the HPS+ pads. I'm not sure who else makes track type compounds for the Mitsubishi, but I haven't looked too hard. The Hawks are working pretty good for me so far. One reason I chose Hawk is they offer the same compound in the Mitsubishi pads for my fronts calipers and Wilwoods for my rear.

Do they fit under aftermarket wheels or are we still stuck with the same problem as the OEM calipers for that?

I'm not sure really, my 17" wheels were already machined to accept the factory calipers so they fit just fine. The SSBC aluminum calipers are pretty big, so there might be the same issue still.

Here are the calipers that svra allows

67 tbird

getimage.php

I think they are the same

There was a list of what they were used on and it's pretty long

Are they even worth while at all? Can you even get race pads?

I think they are the same

There was a list of what they were used on and it's pretty long

Are they even worth while at all? Can you even get race pads?

I don`t know anyone with a Corvette-Camaro that has ever used them short of (maybe Tony Delorenzo 40 years ago), I would assume all the Mustang-Shelby guys still use them but then you have to build brackets. Not that I do, but if you know the right people and you have the backing plates you can get pads built. If your racing vintage you have to use calipers that were used pre 1973 (or prove your historic car was raced with something else). I have yet to see a Mustang-Shelby out brake a J-56 equipped Corvette and unfortunately NO ONE, (I repeat) NO ONE makes an insulator out of the correct material and originals are out of your budget.

on second thought go to CF and search out member BJM, ask him to ask his father exactly what the Ford caliper is off of and if he knows anyone using them and if pads are available, he might have used them or he might know someone using them today but I`m thinking Lincoln continental.

Last edited:
Glen, what a set of them cost...all 4 wheels, or what's available....

bet I get knocked flat with the price.....:crutches::loveletter: