Todays safety tip

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
When using a slide hammer to remove a pilot bushing from a big block crank, in the car. NEVER place your other hand on the crossmember when sliding the hammer. WHEN the bushing comes out, the hammer will impale your finger on the crossmember tranny bracket. WHEN you remove said finger, it will squirt quite far, and have the appearance of a grape you stepped on. Ask me how I know this.:clobbered:

EVERY damn car I work on exacts a pound of flesh these daze.....

no wonder I"m skinny.....

:smash::fishing::suicide::tomato:

no pics ???
Carefull what you ask for.:lol:

348815f3d45826.jpg
[/IMG]

Good thing it was Birds left hand, otherwise he would be in one hell of a predicament.......:D:......:banghead:
I'm sure he doesn't want to hurt Rosie.:sweat:

Last edited:
Here's another safety tip, Wear elbow pads LOL

Engine bay is still cramped even without an engine in it. While I was trying to install my steering box last week I knocked it pretty hard on the engine mount...
At least the swelling is almost gone and the pinkie finger is working again. It didnt work all week because of the swelling I guess.

18048fb9047d4cba.jpg

18048fb91270c08d.jpg

I'm thinking of disguising myself as Mr Michelin.

I take bruising myself seriously.. LOL
Monday was pretty rough since I have to drive my truck and all of it's 10 spds.
What's prednison??

Prednisone ?? spelling...is a drug my father was on, not sure what for though...it was back in the early 80's.....
Sis didn't like that he was on it, but sis is so full of shit about so much stuff, it's pathetic....so basically if she is for it, I"m pretty safe in being against, type stuff......

:hunter::bump:

Ok nah I didnt take anything.
Swelling is gone and fingers are all workin again.
Kinda weird where I was hit theres no color...and it looks like I'm holding that lamp in the dining room.

Last edited:
Prednisone is a corticosteroid and it's used as a sort of wonder drug, if they don't know what is wrong with you, you get prednisone :D Most widely it's used as an anti inflammatori drug (artritis...yadda yadda) and it's known to have easy bruising as a side effect.

I take bruising myself seriously.. LOL
Monday was pretty rough since I have to drive my truck and all of it's 10 spds.
What's prednison??

Prednisone ?? spelling...is a drug my father was on, not sure what for though...it was back in the early 80's.....
Sis didn't like that he was on it, but sis is so full of shit about so much stuff, it's pathetic....so basically if she is for it, I"m pretty safe in being against, type stuff......

:hunter::bump:

So it kinda runs in the family HUH :smash:

I had that happen when I was getting a blood test I guess the nurse did something wrong lasted about a week then all was well. You can imagine the thoughts I had. That was in the late 70s