So GTR1999?

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
So Gary, with fuel at $5 a gallon, when are you going to find us a 2 speed rear -end or driveshaft we can use? Huh?:banghead:

So Gary, with fuel at $5 a gallon, when are you going to find us a 2 speed rear -end or driveshaft we can use? Huh?:banghead:

Back in the late 60s there was a Cougar that was being used to to test a two speed rear. It was pretty cool. :D

There was also a "HONE O DRIVE" for diffs back then.

Last edited:

Back in the late 60s there was a Cougar that was being used to to test a two speed rear. It was pretty cool. :D

There was also a "HONE O DRIVE" for diffs back then.

today i'ts known as OVERDRIVE....a bit simpler....

which brings up that silly Honodrive? whatever only 20% overdrive reduction at BEST.....type thing....heavy, hard to install, and only 20% engine speed reduction....not worth it at 3 grand....

:hunter:

Columbia 2 speed rear ,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1930's vintage rear , once a ford option . Well known by avid old time real rodders . Don't ask how I know .

GEE

Been thinking about getting my bod carbon dated ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:eek:

Columbia 2 speed rear ,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1930's vintage rear , once a ford option . Well known by avid old time real rodders . Don't ask how I know .

GEE

Ruxstell. Vintage 1922. I have one in my Model T. 6-1 , shift,3-1 gears. Pre dates Columbia 18 years.:thumbs:

Ya gotta be a geezer

GEE

Yep. Been doing cars since 69-70. Somewhere in there.:suicide:

youngster.....:pprrtt:

So are you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GEE

age 64, been at it from age 13-4 or so.....hotrodders in the hood....

got the blood from a ride in a vette from Jr. High school....must have been a '56? or so....at age 12?

so make that 1/2 century of gasoline and fun....

:hunter: