Quaint little town. What do the locals do for amusement around here?

Eisbein mit Sauerkraut und Erbspüree essen und ein schönes Bier trinken ?:drink:

Well... in that little town you're not doing much.... do you have a car over there ? drive to Cochem, that's just south of you:
bfa31b91.jpg
d7502886.jpg
Then go to Burg Eltz, that Burg was built in avalley so nobody could find it and it was never destroyed:
077.jpg
.Inside the Burg:

088a.jpg
Here's a map:
Burg Eltz is where the X is:
173nnnnn.jpg
And this is Boppard at the river Rhein, just south of Koblenz:

173.jpg

You're in the best area of the country, lots of stuff to see and do. Go to Koelln (Cologne) and Koblenz for nightlife...

The area around Cochem was never industrial so it wasn't bombed during WW2, same for the area around Koblenz. there's a lot of history to see, many houses in Boppard for example were build in the 15/16 century and they've all been restored.

West of you is Trier, that city was founded as the westernmost outpost of the roman empire. There's the black gate (porta negro) built by the romans.... maybe 1.5 hours west of you....

We ran short of time last weekend, but we did manage to make it to Burg Eltz Monday morning for the guided tour and lunch. Beautiful place, with some nice scenery.
We stayed at a B&B near Koblenz, and went over to the Remagen Bridge Sunday evening. I'd seen documentary stuff about it, but it was a whole different dimension seeing it in person.
Stopped back at the track after returning from Burg Eltz. (I'm in the silver Audi behind the red Porsche.) Had a good time, although I got passed more times than I'm used to. (The Audi was a nice street car, but it's no Corvette.) Saw a bunch of hard core, but street-legal cars there.

Audi.jpg

Last edited:
Those pic's bring back some good times as I grew up in Deutschland, started in Heltersburg south of Ramstien, then later moved to a small burg around Bitburg. Best times I remember was learning to ski on the Zukspitz and learning to windsurf on Lake Chiemsee. I'm sure the spelling is wrong but it's been 20+ years since I've been there. My company is sending me anywhere I want to go for my 20th year and I'm going to Garmicsh (sp) hopfully they have snow:wink: