Roger Blunton inspired race 59

Bowtie-racing

Hello all!

I just want to say i have enjoyed this forum a lot and been lurking so far. Mostly because everyday routines take its toll..

Since i sold my 63 i begin searching C1. 58-60 was my goal and some unknow reason ( still is to me ..) i really wanted a 59.

After lot of searching i finally found one from Oklahoma. One of the most important things for me was as good body as possible. I just hate body work!
And the one i found had really good. All bonding strips were there and only few cracks were visible and front lower valance was crakced due wrong towing rope angle.

This has been sitting in a garage since mid 80s and never driven since. It was really dirty but solid. Soft top is totally shot and the hard tops rear glass i broken. Engine is still 283 but not the orginal. Based on numbers it came from early sixtys impala. Transmission is a real time machine from darkages.. 3 speed manual:eek: Rear leafts were totally dead etc small stuff. I did order leafs and changed all fluids , battery, brake cylinders , master cylinder and after a 3 days starting session i finally got it running !!!! Paint is totally dead as well . It is the orginal color but chap repaint done many years ago. Big chips of paint are peeling off. One of my friend taped racing strips to draw attention away from the worn paint and i think it looks pretty decent now - at least from photo.

I have no plans to it sofar. I am too busy with the other stuff ( 69 camaro , 3 years daughter.. ) But all mods i might do it must be bolt on - no body mods. One day i want to restore it. I know it sounds crazy but i guess i am getting too old ..:pprrtt:

hyv3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice, my very first car was a '60 vette, in '66, I was 22.....

wish I had it still.....oh well.....when getting back into vettes again in early 90's I sat in one, and that popped my dream right there.....what I tolerated in the 60's was not for ME in the 90's....too damn old and inflexible....

so I got a '87 which was a unreliable mechanical/electrical nitemare, figgered if I was to be working on it, maybe as well be hotrodding one....sold it and bought this '72 and so it's not stock....

:bump:

That's a cool project car! Is it that you are getting old, or is it that you want something different after '63 and Camaro? :wink:

That color combined helmet is a nice detail! Rims without wheel covers add a bit of face theme with the stripes! Even the pit moped is color coded... Very Cool!

Looks way better than my 56! (See avatar)

Good luck, what ever you decide to do with it, it'll be something really cool! :mime: