so i had this weird idea...

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
i've been toying with the idea of building a track car with a transverse mid-engine LS1, obviously not a corvette.
so let's say i put an LS1 in front of a fiero 5-speed (or similar). now we have the picture, right? so, now that it's sitting sideways, instead of keeping the headers on each side as is traditional what if i put the left four cylinders (i.e. 1, 2, 3 and 4) on one header and the right four on a different header.
it's probably been done but i've never seen it. any thoughts?

:shocking:Thoughts?, yeh, U weird.....

:pprrtt:

But actually that's not bad thinking, I think it would make things much simpler, but keep in mind that getting from the front two cyl on the accessory side....pass side in this case to the rear is a hell of a routing problem, probably not worse than other routing though....except the bellhousing is probably more room and more heat tolerant too....

I used to have a '88 Fiero Formula....regret selling that little skunk, one of the best Fieros ever made....It had the automatic, but DAMN it was a quick little skunk...had NO issues with blasting a whole lot of cars with it...course I had the engine all tweeked up.....I think the tranny was already done before and taught some tricks it didn't know.....

wish I had that car back again, really....

:beer:

GENE, i've been thinking about using a fiero as a donor car. i've seen a lot of people make them go really fast. i've decided not mainly because it's a pretty heavy base to start from.
as far as accessories, the only thing i'm going to be running is an alternator. this will be pretty much a strictly track car so i'm not going to need anything besides the waterpump and alt.
the main advantage i see to the idea though is it will be much easier to tune the headers this way. that's my theory at least.

I think the cheapest and safest track car is going to be a latemodel

Why worry about tuned headers, just make the primaries about the same length as a set of proven pipes, like the Lou G headers and work from there. The motor will have plenty of oomph for the fiero. I would just route the pipes the way they can be fitted the easiest.

There are a few Fieros that show up from time to time at our local cruize in.

One has a built 3.8 Buick Grand National set up complete with air to water intercooler and water methanol injection system. The other has a stock Northstar V8.

:cool:

I agree with TT, Get the primaries right and plumb the rest for convenience. Power ain't gonna be your biggest problem. :thumbs:

There are a few Fieros that show up from time to time at our local cruize in.

One has a built 3.8 Buick Grand National set up complete with air to water intercooler and water methanol injection system. The other has a stock Northstar V8.

:cool:

I agree with TT, Get the primaries right and plumb the rest for convenience. Power ain't gonna be your biggest problem. :thumbs:
:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::harhar::trumpet::pprrtt:

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!! them damn NStar Fieros come out every which a ways but straight....the very first one I saw was up in Carlisle some 15? years ago....this guy shows up at the Fiero space with one, it was one of the very first if not THE first installs like that, car ran just crazy made the V8 Archie conversion look slow.....V8 Archie used the SBC engines....injected or carb'd.....

nuckin' futz ......