Comp Cams roller fuel pump pushrod

7t2vette

I am building a new 406 since my old one decided to eat a few cam lobes earlier in the spring, and I am considering using the Comp roller fuel pump pushrod because I am now going with a roller cam; has anyone used this and has any feedback? I know it's not needed and costs 10 times more than a non-roller one, but I don't mind spending the money on it if it works.

cca-4609_w.jpg

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Instructions/Files/COMP4-101.pdf

:drink:

I am building a new 406 since my old one decided to eat a few cam lobes earlier in the spring, and I am considering using the Comp roller fuel pump pushrod because I am now going with a roller cam; has anyone used this and has any feedback? I know it's not needed and costs 10 times more than a non-roller one, but I don't mind spending the money on it if it works.

cca-4609_w.jpg

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Instructions/Files/COMP4-101.pdf

:drink:

As I look at this I can think of at least 3 things that could go wrong. BUT, if it works and is lighter that the original- hell give it a shot.:mime:

I guess that was easy for me to say, it's not going in my 400. But, if you try it let us know if it holds up. You can be the lab rat.:sweat:

At $114.00 better you than me.:lol:

Last edited:
It was actually a bagain at $109 from Summit!! :yahoo:

Guess I'm gonna be a guinea pig on this one, doesn't look like too many people are using it - or even know about it for that matter!! :sweat:

It was actually a bagain at $109 from Summit!! :yahoo:

Guess I'm gonna be a guinea pig on this one, doesn't look like too many people are using it - or even know about it for that matter!! :sweat:

They don't make one for a BB. I use the bronze tip one, 13 bucks.

Yep, all it needs to do is turn a little bit so the roller and the cam are not exactly 90*. How much you reckon that'll tear up?

:search:
Yep, all it needs to do is turn a little bit so the roller and the cam are not exactly 90*. How much you reckon that'll tear up?

Ok, here goes. If it rotates it either chops the lobe off the cam or stops the cam which will break it. The pieces go into the pan. Because the cam stops the pistons are still moving-bent valves maybe busted pistons-damaged heads. That should be enough for now.:goodnight:

Sooooo, who wants to test this NEW rod??????:search:

Last edited:
Is the pressure of a fuel pump really that much more than a valve spring?

I think they operate on 125lbs of pressure.

And no one has stated the OBVIOUS yet???

put on a block off plate and stick a electric pump in the rear, with metal filter up front....:thumbs: easier, simpler and YES more reliable....

:twitch::eek::smash::devil::fishing: