Sharks' appeal.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Wife and I left OP Florida on Wed Am to go across the state to one of our favorite haunts.....Cedar Key....mostly directly west and a bit south of us....on the Gulf coast....so we continue around up rt98 take a left and follow it out to a little town SW of Tallahassee....Appalachicola we had a ton of fun on the trip...and she started noticing all the waving going on....from construction flag men to other motorists, and even a 18 wheeler honking.....I said that was for HER, the chick in the car ...NOT the car in this case....

met a Museum director that was into Corvettes.....he and I talked for over a hour.....:bounce:

I still say, and this trip even impressed the wife with how much everyone loves a shark,....even a couple older Harley guys there in Cedar Key motel....from 40 miles south of St. Louis Missouri......even they asked about the old vette.....

funny, I think....as I love to talk cars...as if anyone can't tell much....:tomato:

Wife and I left OP Florida on Wed Am to go across the state to one of our favorite haunts.....Cedar Key....mostly directly west and a bit south of us....on the Gulf coast....so we continue around up rt98 take a left and follow it out to a little town SW of Tallahassee....Appalachicola we had a ton of fun on the trip...and she started noticing all the waving going on....from construction flag men to other motorists, and even a 18 wheeler honking.....I said that was for HER, the chick in the car ...NOT the car in this case....

met a Museum director that was into Corvettes.....he and I talked for over a hour.....:bounce:

I still say, and this trip even impressed the wife with how much everyone loves a shark,....even a couple older Harley guys there in Cedar Key motel....from 40 miles south of St. Louis Missouri......even they asked about the old vette.....

funny, I think....as I love to talk cars...as if anyone can't tell much....:tomato:

Harleys and Vettes---American Apple Pie.:D

Harleys and Vettes---American Apple Pie.:D

Yuppers, and so it seems even my old tired looking vette gets stared, NOT cause they can tell jack diddly about it, but it's that freeking timeless SHAPE.....bet no one would look twice at a newer one.....

but if it was a C4 ZR1 or a C5 unless a chick was driving, not one glance....

wife is NOT used to that sort of attention....but on the way back home on boring endless I 10 we cruising east at speeds well over 85 mph with spurts to over 100 mph......she noted groups of vettes heading west she getting used to spotting vettes......

another thing....since I have a later engine, and O/drive auto with 336 rear, getting ~23-4 mpg......while cruising at 90 I wonder about going to a milder rear and IF that would do jack diddly about fuel economy...308? anyone....anyone have any factual knowledge on this....or personal observations???

another thing....since I have a later engine, and O/drive auto with 336 rear, getting ~23-4 mpg......while cruising at 90 I wonder about going to a milder rear and IF that would do jack diddly about fuel economy...308? anyone....anyone have any factual knowledge on this....or personal observations???

Personal Observation..I went from 308 to 336. Although it's been a while, I am probably running 150-200RPM's higher in 4th on my Muncie when cruising at 65-70mph. It is slightly quicker off the line with the 336. My guess is you would maybe get a mile or 2 more a gallon. I doubt if you would be able to tell the difference.

Personal Observation..I went from 308 to 336. Although it's been a while, I am probably running 150-200RPM's higher in 4th on my Muncie when cruising at 65-70mph. It is slightly quicker off the line with the 336. My guess is you would maybe get a mile or 2 more a gallon. I doubt if you would be able to tell the difference.

total performance wise, but a 10% engine speed reduction at any speed is a good thing....NO?? or does it not translate into a 10% increase in fuel economy?? maybe not...only 5% but still well....1-2mpg....yeh....I see your point.....oh well....

Well, went and did the calculations....

filled the tank at 282 miles......on that 90++ mph blast for 198 miles home...it ran nine gallons of gas.....so 200 div 9 is 22 mpg....a bit shy of my 23-4 mpg I had before at slightly slower speeds....meaning 70-85 or so....

so IF i calculate the total fuel consumption for the entire 479 miles...it runs 21.7 mpg.....meaning some town traffics in there and some slower speeds....

but still....on a roll at maybe .5 to+ mpg better at 90mph tells me to be very happy....:thumbs:

filled the tank at 282 miles......on that 90++ mph blast for 198 miles home...it ran nine gallons of gas.....so 200 div 9 is 22 mpg....a bit shy of my 23-4 mpg I had before at slightly slower speeds....meaning 70-85 or so....

so IF i calculate the total fuel consumption for the entire 479 miles...it runs 21.7 mpg.....meaning some town traffics in there and some slower speeds....

but still....on a roll at maybe .5 to+ mpg better at 90mph tells me to be very happy....:thumbs:

Excellent gas mileage..I'd certainly be happy.

Excellent gas mileage..I'd certainly be happy.

Still think a C6 could get 30 mpg under those conditions....

:stirpot: