If you want to know what is wrong in the world.

Belgian1979vette

I just got this link from over at another non-corvette forum. It is really interesting stuff. You actually have to see it all to understand what they are saying but it is no bullshit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwLgrSJZKs[/ame]

Thanks for posting...........:thumbs:

I've known about this since I was a kid.........
That video explained it quite well ... just wish it didn't get cut short at the end.

(edit: I only had time to watch a minute or two of the video and now my work computer won't let me see it at all. I hope I assumed correctly what it is about, if not, sorry--but you should still look into these books.)

It's pretty damn scary itsn't it? It's easy to dismiss this stuff as mere conspiracy theories of paranoid people--untill you start grasping the reality of it. Then you come to call it truth....

Here's a couple books of interest if anyone wishes to learn more.

"Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" reads like a good spy novel, but it's all real. The only complaints I've heard about it are that he does not document his statements or facts, he just presents them.

"Shock Doctrine" documents every single thing with footnotes. It may be hard to get through the first few chapters, she begins to sound like a broken record about the Chicago School of Economics & South America, but if that drags you down then go ahead several chapters and start there. You'll come back to the others by the time you're done.

I'm always hesitant to recommend books anymore because nobody will bother to read--it's too much work for people brought up on TV. But these books (and there are more) will hold you fast if you are interstested in the subject. And the more you understand about what's going on in the world, the more you'll want to know.

I recommend you read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" first, it's an easy, entertaining (!) read and is not as long or detailed as "Shock Doctrine."

http://www.naomiklein.org/shock-doctrine/resources

http://www.economichitman.com/

Last edited:
I was pretty amazed by the fact that there were so many presidents that did fight it and even won. Maybe they were ultimatly responsible for the well being and succes of America in a large part of the 20th century. Seems that those bankers caught up with them. Makes me rethink my position with certain governments. I'm sure at least some of them mean well but don't know how to beat it and others just plain don't care or maybe are completly in the bankers pocket.:crap:

Indeed I do want to know more.:smash:At least this was the most interesting thing i've seen in a long time. Makes me rethink what is going on with the current crisis and oil prices. These assholes are just plain playing with us and our labour.

Thanks for posting...........:thumbs:

I've known about this since I was a kid.........
That video explained it quite well ... just wish it didn't get cut short at the end.

I can't stop thinking that the oil problem and price has something to do with the same group of people. God knows how many solutions to the problem they are holding back for their own profit.

What would happen if enough people would donate small amounts of money into a private research company ?

As soon as it got anywhere near finding solutions or truth it would be put out of existance by the corporations using the guise of the government for violating some kind of laws.
Already happened many times.
Business as usual.

Not to say the attempts should not be made, someday someone will sneak under the radar and get through.

Well it did get my into questioning a lot of things. If you research it some further you will be asthonished with what you find on the subject of fiat money, governmental debt, gold prices and so on. If investing money, this could make you change your mind about certain things.

The vid is long, and probably not many will take the time to view it, which is a pity.:skeptic:

I sat and watched the entire vid when it first posted here, I do think it's a good refresher course for ECON 101 or Bus Ad 101 as in first year college BA courses back in the early 60's...it was all explained and layed out about the same way....so it's not new, or particularly hard to find, just that most people have NO idea behind the fractile banking system....and indeed the word fractile, which I maybe mis spelling badly, does not appear in my spell checker....interesting....but it's a relatively rare economics term....

so you see me post on CF in PRC or OT sections about the actual annual percentage at being damn close to 80% interest/year due to that banking practice....and only one guy responded with the facts of the 'member banks' like the one down the street have to keep in house reserves, but they essentially doing the same thing our 'Federal' Reserve is doing.....but on not such a GRANDE' SCALE, otherwise it would be a real disaster VERY quickly....

BUT, my favorite quip for pushing about 50 years now, as I even knew about fractile banking when I was a kid and learned econ in HS yet.....

so I say.....no worries, our money is backed up by the 'full faith and credit of the US Congress'......

THERE, does THAT make you feel better???:pprrtt::shocking::shocking::shocking::crap::evil:

I sat and watched the entire vid when it first posted here,

The link in post #8 is to a different video.

Interesting site, but the problem IS, Ron Paul can only hurt McCain, like Ralph Nader hurts Nobama.....I think splitting the vote for like that damn Perot some 16 years ago....he cost Bush1 the election....methinks there was tons of bad blood between Bush1 and Perot, which is why he did it....I voted Perot, and got Clinton....huge mistake...gotta vote lesser of two evils, or a likely winner, and that's McCain, like it or not.....

my sympathy is with RP , but he not going ANYWHERE......

Realpolitic 101......

:eek::cussing:

Sorry that I have to say this Gene, but I'm under the impression that you are not seeing the entire picture here. It is not just the fractional banking, there is a whole system at work. No matter who you vote for, you will still end up with the same problem all over again. The same groups will profit from it, no matter which one will become president. And even in the event that the new president don't follow their way, they will eventually eliminate him in every way possible (some say that even JFK was assasinated over an issue like this...)

May sound like conspiracy theorie, but if you start analysing this in depth you come to the same conclusion all over again.

Last edited:
My virusprotection and firewall is acting up when accessing.

Hmmmmm! Looks like it's closed for maintenance. :confused:

I had no problem viewing it yesterday......... give them a day.

I didn't want to say anything earlier but I think Gene is on
Channel 4 while we're watching Channel 12. :devil:

My virusprotection and firewall is acting up when accessing.

Hmmmmm! Looks like it's closed for maintenance. :confused:

I had no problem viewing it yesterday......... give them a day.

I didn't want to say anything earlier but I think Gene is on
Channel 4 while we're watching Channel 12. :devil:

Hey, I resemble that remark...:devil::clobbered:but serious, how it ever going to change?? i'ts not...bankers of any stripe are not going to set around with 40% interest when 80% is attainable, would YOU??? ok....

:nuts:

That show looks like it was put together by the KGB. I couldn't finish watching it…went back to reading Milton Friedman.

I knew about this for a while now. As a matter of fact, Presidential candidate Ron Paul is a BIG opponent of the Federal Reserve System and a proponent of us returning to the gold and silver standards. He use to fry Allen Greenspan's ass every time Greenspan came to testify before Congress. The media does a great job of making Ron Paul look like a lunatic and screwball, but his ideas are EXACTLY what we need. I will do a write-in vote for him for President when election time comes around. The other two nitwits offer nothing new and the so-called "change" that the alleged non-Arab is talking about is just more of the same old Washington :bullshit:
Anyone who hasn't got at least part of their investments in gold and silver is really making a big mistake. The paper money we are using is just that...paper. It can be worth zero and HAS BEEN worth zero in the past. Gold and silver have NEVER been worth zero. I bought gold for $432 an ounce back in 2002. It has more than doubled it's value since then.

au3650nyb.gif

Last edited:
A vote for ANYONE except McCain is a vote for Nobam by default, REAL POLYtic 101, I don't LIKE it any better than YOU do, Dep, but that is reality this time around....

so if the system collapses, I own my house, and the cash on hand....

which will be worth NOTHING.....

I suppose the electric company will provide service because the riots will force them to...but I"m in same boat as everyone else....

my SS check will cease to exist, so I go join the soup lines, along with you and everyone else.....

:crutches: