C1 or C2 aftermarket bodies

korvettekarl

Does anyone make a complete aftermarket body for C1 or C2? I am looking for a new project and I want to build it with a new tube frame and a LS7 engine and trannie. I don't want to buy a complete car just for the body. Anybody know of someone making just the bodies? I prefer a 63 to 67 but would consider 57 to 62.

Does anyone make a complete aftermarket body for C1 or C2? I am looking for a new project and I want to build it with a new tube frame and a LS7 engine and trannie. I don't want to buy a complete car just for the body. Anybody know of someone making just the bodies? I prefer a 63 to 67 but would consider 57 to 62.

I know that they make aftermarket bodies for the 69 camaros, and apparently the fit on them is terrible (or so I have heard). I would only expect a fiberglass body to have even less quality control than a metal body which is stamped and welded. I know you said that you didn't want to buy a whole car, but why not buy a project car, remove the body, then part out the chassis to get some money back? The chassis is still worth some money, and the body will not be that aftermarket crap that fits poorly. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Have you looked into companies that build drag car bodies like hairy glass?

I know that they make aftermarket bodies for the 69 camaros, and apparently the fit on them is absolutely terrible (or so I have heard). I would only expect a fiberglass body to have even less quality control than a metal body which is stamped and welded. I know you said that you didn't want to buy a whole car, but why not buy a project car, remove the body, then part out the chassis to get some money back? The chassis is still worth some money, and the body will not be that aftermarket crap that fits poorly. Just a thought.

We actually sell the 69 Camaro bodies here. They are now fitted with the doors and truck lid. The fit is pretty good and most the people that get the "new" bodies are really happy. :tomato:

I know that they make aftermarket bodies for the 69 camaros, and apparently the fit on them is absolutely terrible (or so I have heard). I would only expect a fiberglass body to have even less quality control than a metal body which is stamped and welded. I know you said that you didn't want to buy a whole car, but why not buy a project car, remove the body, then part out the chassis to get some money back? The chassis is still worth some money, and the body will not be that aftermarket crap that fits poorly. Just a thought.

We actually sell the 69 Camaro bodies here. They are now fitted with the doors and truck lid. The fit is pretty good and most the people that get the "new" bodies are really happy. :tomato:

I stand corrected. I was told that the fit of them was poor, I guess what I heard was incorrect. You got any pics of them?

look on ebay, I saw a C-1 body just this morning.....if you bought an aftermarket body and chassis what would you do for a tag & title???

I stand corrected. I was told that the fit of them was poor, I guess what I heard was incorrect. You got any pics of them?

Just those that Dynacorn supplied. You can go on line at classicindustries.com and look at the pictures in the Camaro catalog.
:beer:

[

look on ebay, I saw a C-1 body just this morning.....if you bought an aftermarket body and chassis what would you do for a tag & title???[/QUOTE]

I dont know wouldn't be the same as building an AC Cobra replica or a 34 Ford using a new frame and fiberglass body ?

[

look on ebay, I saw a C-1 body just this morning.....if you bought an aftermarket body and chassis what would you do for a tag & title???

I dont know wouldn't be the same as building an AC Cobra replica or a 34 Ford using a new frame and fiberglass body ?[/QUOTE]

sure it would but I wouldn`t be satisfied with a kit car title.....