need new header bolts

hkc3

I'm getting ready to order some new header bolts for the 1 7/8 hookers,I've been using arp stainless and they keep backing out,I read somewhere to put anti-seize on them which doesn't help,I dont see where its needed with SS.I have only been running the hookers:D 1200 miles.What are some good bolts to use.thanks.

Put rtv on them

the locking screws are nice but the allens are a pita to get to.

There's also bolts available with a cam like looking tab under the head, it holds the bolts against the primaries.

A freind of mine who 1/8 miles a 434 told me he uses rtv but I wasnt sure I could get all the anti-seize out for it to hold good.I was hoping; as many people that are running the hookers, that someone had came across some good bolts to use.I tend to be a little impatient in my old age and didn't want to hurry and order bolts that didn't work very good as I've done with other things in the past.

I saw some spectre bolts with hex head that looked promising,dont know about spectre quality though. I'm going to try and clean out the anti-seize with alcohol then rtv.

Summit sells wire brushes in assorted diameters that are excellent for cleaning threaded holes.

If you spray carburetor cleaner in the holes you can be pretty sure that it will clean and flush the anti seize out.
I use Breslin locking bolts - simply awesome stuff... lil expensive but they do not come loose

I'm going to try the spectre bolts with rtv,if that does't work I'll sell a kidney so I can afford the others .Thanks

2 words...

Saftey Wire

:drink:

53923mvc-030s.jpg