My fathers car

White76

A few weeks ago we were at the Goodguys event in Indy, and I took some pictures of my father's 32 Ford that I help him build. Just thought I'd share a few pictures of it. It's been a dream of his to own one of these since I was a small child. Enjoy.

86486ede347e58f.jpg

86486ede358c81d.jpg

86486ede367b691.jpg

86486ede38f30ef.jpg

86486ede380fff1.jpg

86486ede3751eb3.jpg

:thumbs:

First car my father ever owned was a '32 Ford.........
Only it wasn't quite as nice as that one. :cool:

Thanks for the compliments. It took about 5 years to build it from scratch.

Event though its a 32', I think the oldest part on it is from 76'. He had the frame fabricated and the body is mostly fiberglass except for the steel hood. It's pretty nice to drive, definitely not like the original 32's .... the A/C will freeze you out and the OD tranny isn't bad either.

...Event though its a 32', I think the oldest part on it is from 76'...
My father used to go ape shit whenever he saw a rod, complaining that it was a sacrilege when people chopped up vintage cars. I tried to tell him that these days, there was probably nothing on the rods from the 1930's and that they were all fiberglass and re-fabricated steel parts. He never believed me though...

Good job, you and your dad should be very proud of it :thumbs:

I really like it, the attention to detail is awesome and it's very clean looking

I really like it, the attention to detail is awesome and it's very clean looking

Yeah, he's very detail oriented and it does show. He hid all the controls for the wiper, ignition, AC, .... The only thiong you can see in the interior is the head unit for the sterio and the power window switches, which are above the windshield. We managed to hide the amplifier, subwoofer, and CD changer from sight.

864870b23f115bd.jpg

864870b23f9c845.jpg

Nice. I'll probably get to the Goodguys Columbus next weekend. Always a great event.