Mobil 1 or Lucas

cgc68

I am ready to pack my rear wheel bearings. Went to the auto parts store to purchase a tube of Mobil 1 (gun) grease. The store does not sell Mobil 1 and their suggestion was to use Lucas X-TRA HEAVY DUTY Wheel Bearing Grease (made in USA). I have read where Gary uses Mobil 1 and a very well known rebuild company also uses Mobil 1. Not wanting to go out of town to get Mobil 1 I bought the Lucas but just can't bring myself to use it without the forum members blessing. The can of Lucas reads like a "Who's Who" of bearing grease. Should I put some gas in the old truck and head out on the open road in search of a tube of Mobil 1?
charlie

I used synthetic "green grease" for my front wheel bearings, this stuff has been recommended by the 'two guys garage' so it must be good.... at almost $10 it better be good....

Mystic Corn Head grease :thumbs: good enough for the tractors, good enough for the car's.

Compare the spec's of both to see. I have not done this but any quality grease will work. Remember not to grease them when setting up the endplay- do it after.