Another front spoiler question

saudivette

Clueless In Sandland
Before I get to driving this thing, I need to replace the stock spoiler that bolts to the valance as the original is mashed all to hell.

Can someone tell me the differences between the front of a 79 and the front of an 82 please? 82 spoiler halves are nearly $50 each whereas the 79 complete is $30??? I know the 79 has the valance molded together with the spoiler but can the spoiler part be cut off and used on an 82?

Before I get to driving this thing, I need to replace the stock spoiler that bolts to the valance as the original is mashed all to hell.

Can someone tell me the differences between the front of a 79 and the front of an 82 please? 82 spoiler halves are nearly $50 each whereas the 79 complete is $30??? I know the 79 has the valance molded together with the spoiler but can the spoiler part be cut off and used on an 82?

What part are you needing. I met a guy at a car show last weekend that cut up an 81. He has the front & rear bumpers with spoilers. I don't know what it would cost to get it to you? If interested let me know.

Yes, I'm certainly interested. The parts I want are the left and right front bumper lower extension halves - I guess they normally get all mashed up hitting gutters etc. Shipping's not a problem, I have an address in New York...

80-82frontbumper.jpg

item_9222.jpg
item_9223.jpg

He has the whole front bumper cover assembly, and the front parts of the fender cut off. I will see him Friday. How much do you want, and how much do you want to pay. I have a box for the front bumper cover I can ship it in.

I don't think I would buy a used set of valence rubbers as they do get damaged over time and the bolt holes will be either striped out or dry rotted.
The valence is supposed to be some what playable to flex when running over parking lot stops, curds and speed bumps. Just my $0.02

I hear you Dean, but it really pisses me off that I'll have to pay $80 for two small pieces of rubber, when all previous models are way less than half of that for basically the same thing. I'd rather not go second hand but if they are in good condition, then why not...

I don't want the whole bumper cover, just the lower spoiler halves that bolt to the bumper (and valance). Does he have them?

I will see him tommorow. I believe he has what you want. I don't know what shipping would be. I just shipped some seats & door panel today to Texas and it was 62.00. Shipping cost go up on Monday they said. I will get a price tommorow & let you decide.

Herb

I will see him tommorow. I believe he has what you want. I don't know what shipping would be. I just shipped some seats & door panel today to Texas and it was 62.00. Shipping cost go up on Monday they said. I will get a price tommorow & let you decide.

Herb
Thanks mate. If he's got the parts, would you be able to take a couple of pics please? Pointless buying them if they're as bad as mine.

Shipping shouldn't be a real big deal as they weigh bugger all...