Greenwood 49

Kid Vette

Master-Baiter
Just came back from Bloomington Gold. Thought I would share some pics I got of the No 49 Greenwood car. These Lifesaver Radial cars have always been some of my favorites.

DSC02220.JPG

DSC02221.JPG

DSC02222.JPG

DSC02202.JPG

the same guy owns the 1968 Owens-Corning car...sadly neither will ever be raced again....I was there on Friday, did you see the video?
redvetracr

the same guy owns the 1968 Owens-Corning car...sadly neither will ever be raced again....I was there on Friday, did you see the video?
redvetracr
Yeah, I was there Friday too and watched the video. . . I was probably standing right beside you. :) I enjoyed the video however with all the great music of the 60s I'm not sure why they had to go with AC DC for the music. Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf or Fire by Jimi Hendrix or a lot of other 60s songs would have been better.

I wish I could have been there Saturday too when they fired up some of those L-88s!

did you notice in the L-88 "package" display the Rockcrusher trans had a black 3rd gear? thats an Autogear Italian made gear, also those two twin pin J-56 calipers had aluminum pistons, true J-56 calipers would have had a phoenelic insulator mounted to the end of the piston....
redvetracr

Geez, Howard! You don't miss much, do you? I assume you are referring to this display?

DSC02208.JPG

DSC02209.JPG

I didn't even see the cutaway rockcrusher.

well on the trans I had a little help, yes thats the display and thats the guy putting it together. Pan a little to the right, the M-22 was on the table.
redvetracr