Valve Train ??

With high valve spring pressure and a cam with lots of lift, the rocker studs will deflect away from the load, possibly breaking a stud. That reduces the amount of available lift. So one cure is to install a stud girdle. Splits the load among all the rocker studs. Another way is to install shaft mounted rockers- easy on a SB, not so easy on a BB.

Guide plates are just that- guide plates. they keep the pushrods from deflecting to side loads.

With high valve spring pressure and a cam with lots of lift, the rocker studs will deflect away from the load, possibly breaking a stud. That reduces the amount of available lift. So one cure is to install a stud girdle. Splits the load among all the rocker studs. Another way is to install shaft mounted rockers- easy on a SB, not so easy on a BB.

Guide plates are just that- guide plates. they keep the pushrods from deflecting to side loads.

Nice job on that!:thumbs:

While I not arguing the deflection benefits, I thought they were more for locating the rocker tips over the center of the valves....so to prevent the uneven wear patterns on so many stock engines of yore....and when we use fixed fulcrum bearing rockers, there is no side deflection possible, so to keep the tips more centered is even more critical....NO???

it's the way I have clamped all mine down anyway....

:beer: