Chris/ car for sale KILLER...69MY WAY....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Hey guys, I dunno if you noticed or not, but Chris, 69MyWAY, is selling the '69 vert....can't beleive it....SO much time and attention to detail....I dunno just why yet, but as he said over on DC, time to move on.....I think he sold his 85? hotrod vette also....not sure,

damn shame, I have a email in to him, no reply , but will not say anything further unless he gives permission....he used to live about a mile south of me some years ago....moved to take a company promotion but that's south about 4 hours worth....

:sos::sos:

NOpe, down to 50k now....75 would have been high....today....couple-3 years ago maybe not....

but then again, his car is SO much nicer than mine, but I wouldn't take less than 25 grand....

freeking paint jobs about 2-5 grand at MAX.....

Just a bunch of crap he got from vbandp bolted on with some flares and nice wheels, nothing special

Looks nice though

Last edited:
It's been for sale a few times in the last few years. Cool car but it looks like a fishing expedition more than a sale.

That's how I feel about it too. See, it's a nice car and all but not 50K nice, nowhere near that. Skunkvettes car, now that's a 50K or more car. Alu big block and all, tricked out, awesome paint, same wheels. Detailed through and through. Chris' car is sort of a VB&P testbed from what I've seen. He has the funky C5 calipers with the crappy brackets that mess up the steering arm, and as a result the ackerman geometry...not even starting about the brake bias...

Here, he would get 50K for it easily, but over there?

That's how I feel about it too. See, it's a nice car and all but not 50K nice, nowhere near that. Skunkvettes car, now that's a 50K or more car. Alu big block and all, tricked out, awesome paint, same wheels. Detailed through and through. Chris' car ios sort of a VB&P testbed from what I've seen. He has the funky C5 calipers with the crappy brackets that mess up the steering arm, and as a result the ackerman geometry...not even starting about the brake bias...

Here, he would get 50K for it easily, but over there?

Over here no one really cars about the handling or braking, as long as it has a big engine and looks cool its golden :bonkers:

I've seen the car in person, pretty nice but kind of tacky with all the chrome and polished stuff, and he has this funky bedliner on the rear deck lid

He did put a lot of work into it though and he didn't do it half ass, just a matter of me not liking his tastes

Last edited: