Head light is stuck up p

zz71s

So what is the secret to getting the head lights to go back down without the vacuum
Also is the manifold vac port the vac sorce that runs the head lights
The car is a 1971
Thanks for any help

So what is the secret to getting the head lights to go back down without the vacuum
Also is the manifold vac port the vac sorce that runs the head lights
The car is a 1971
Thanks for any help

As I recall my '72 had one vacuum relay for each light, same for the wiper door....

so to disconnect the two hoses to the canister/motor....then reach up and under to flip the off center cam to the other position....best as I can describe it....watch your fingers though as it's spring loaded...

to get the canister to lower down or raise....you need have vacuum present on the correct side of the diaphram....hense the two 3/8 vac lines...from that controll relay....

so to know if the relay is stuck in the open position because when there is vacuum on the controll dash pot of the relay, that tells the relay to pull the lights shut/off/down.....the default postion is UP....so if you not getting vacuum on that diaphram, it will stay UP...or the relay or hose is bad....

ALL those relays that controll the vacuum motors....the control diaphram in them is set so.....i'ts when vacuum is present on that diaphram the doors are closed....otherwise they open which is the default postion....

vac diagrams are available....best as I can explain here now...sorry if not helpful....

:bump: