Is the grass greener over here?

spf72

I wanted to see what's going on over here. I enjoyed looking at pictures of you guys. Lots of familiar faces. I still don't know how to post pictures, maybe I can get my wife or kids to teach me... then can put some shots up of my cars. The 72 is puking raditor fluid every time I drive it and I get too many questions about why my car is broken, so I drive the new one most of the time. Still working on the '61 Apache pickup. Not much progress really, just got the heater working and shifter moved from the column to the floor. Glad the heater works, since it feels like I'm living on the sun right now.

Chevy sales are slow, I've got two 2008 Z06's sitting in the barn at work with no takers. I guess $5 gas does make a difference... Good news is factory told me last week I get two ZR-1's next year. I hope all the others are gone by then.

Nice to be here. Look forward to lots of interesting information. Talk to you all later.
Steve

I don`t know where your from BUT I have some room in my barn if your looking for a place to store one of those ZO-6`s...FREE storage in fact, just leave the keys I would be happy to "break it in" as well....and when the ZR-1`s show up SAME DEAL!! FREE storage...
redvetracr

Hi Steve and welcome mate :hi:

Posting pics is pretty straight forward. You can either host your pics on this forum or go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account.

If you want to host your pics here, click on Image Hosting at the top of the forum page then when the little menu scrolls down, click on Upload an image. Click on Browse and a window will open of files on your computer. Search for the pic you want to upload, click open and the file will be listed, ready to upload. Click on Host it and your picture will be hosted on Vettemod. The maximum size picture you can upload is 1280 x 960 pixels at 1024kb and you can only upload jpg's, gif's and png's. Once you've hosted your picture, you'll be taken to My Images. Look for the pic you want to paste into a post, highlight and copy the tag line beside BB Code IMG and paste that (exactly as is) into your post or PM.

If you choose to use photobucket, then once you've opened an account, you'll see a screen like this:
photobucket.jpg

Click on the Browse button and a window will open showing files on your computer. Search until you find the pic you want to upload, select it, the small window will close then click Upload. Once it has uploaded, you'll see a screen like this:
photobucket1.jpg

Now, look for the picture you want to upload, highlight the IMG Code and paste that (exactly as is) into your forum post (or private message).
photobucket2.jpg

When the screen loads after you've submitted your post, your pic will be there.

Is that all as clear as mud?

Last edited:
$5 gas have an impact, I think so. Case in point, my 72 is locked in a garage, the only opener was left in the garage when I was at work and locked up inside. At this point I don't care when I open it up.:shocking:

Welcome aboard Steve. Glad to see you here. Give me a killer deal on that car. Jeff

You don't need to use photobucket, pics can be uploaded with the image hosting button up top.

I don`t know where your from BUT I have some room in my barn if your looking for a place to store one of those ZO-6`s...FREE storage in fact, just leave the keys I would be happy to "break it in" as well....and when the ZR-1`s show up SAME DEAL!! FREE storage...
redvetracr

While your offer it tempting, I will pass this time.

If the darned things had keys, I'd leave them out at night and hope they were gone in the morning. Wouldn't make the insurance company happy, but I
m getting tired of looking at them.

Sadly, there are two NEW 2007 coupes in the same storage area still looking for good homes.

Thanks for the generous offer. spf

Hey Steve,

Good to see you here. It was good meeting you at Bird run #1

How is that car of yours coming along? It sure sounded good passing me. I'm still in the same shape as on the run. Still not getting the power I should out of the motor. Dyno test said to get more fuel and I need more $$ to get more hp. Same old story.

Any plans for a Bird Run #2?

. Good news is factory told me last week I get two ZR-1's next year. I hope all the others are gone by then.

Nice to be here. Look forward to lots of interesting information. Talk to you all later.
Steve

I have a funny story for you...GM brought a ZR-1 to Bloomington (pretty red color) they allowed you to sit in it while someone took a pic, one guy got in and hit the start button, the key fob was laying on a table a few feet away and the car started, the GM people went wild and ushered him out of the car asap.....the highlight of my day.
redvetracr

PS: I have an empty two car garage in Palm Desert if thats a more convenient
place for you to store a ZO-6 than Wisconsin...just leave a set of keys and my brother will take goood care of it for you.