Should I dyno my POS?

Yellow73SB

There is a dyno shop right down the street, as in an 1/8 mile from our shop

50 bucks for 1 pull

It would be interesting to see how much it makes

If they have a wide band O2 sensor, definitely. I found quite a bit of HP because I was running really lean at the time. My tuning based on the dyno results dropped my 1/4 mile times by 0.3 seconds.

If they have a wide band O2 sensor, definitely. I found quite a bit of HP because I was running really lean at the time. My tuning based on the dyno results dropped my 1/4 mile times by 0.3 seconds.

(I agree smiley):wink:

I agree. For 50 bones...go for it.

It's 75 for 3 runs

I'll probably do 3 if I go

If I can get a few more people to go we can get all get it for 45 for 3, I'm gonna try to ask some of our shop neighbors

Where does the O2 sensor go?

On the exhaust exit?

edit: they give wideband printouts and dyno results

Last edited:

On the exhaust exit?

yep, but I'm sure you already know that by now.

When the guy ran mine on the dynojet, only one of his sensors was working so for the first run I ran it in the passenger side exhaust, on the second run I ran it in driver's side, it really seemed to help as far as tuning the engine because one bank ran a little leaner than the other.:cool:

On the exhaust exit?

Yeah they just clamp it inside the tailpipe. Also, I would take any carb. parts needed for tuning (jets, gaskets, ...). When I went with ~10 other cars in our group on a Saturday, they let me pull back off after the first run and change the jets while the other guys were making their runs at no extra charge. Great bunch of guys.

On the exhaust exit?

Yeah they just clamp it inside the tailpipe. Also, I would take any carb. parts needed for tuning (jets, gaskets, ...). When I went with ~10 other cars in our group on a Saturday, they let me pull back off after the first run and change the jets while the other guys were making their runs at no extra charge. Great bunch of guys.

I guess that is still as accurate

I could actually take the car off and drive to our shop in between runs

If your going with the intention of making changes...I say GO FOR IT...if not why bother? the dyno is a tool, the numbers are of no consequence...a positive change in the numbers is whats important.
redvetracr

Just a question....why do you call you engine a POS? What's wrong with it?

I'm not really sure

If your going with the intention of making changes...I say GO FOR IT...if not why bother? the dyno is a tool, the numbers are of no consequence...a positive change in the numbers is whats important.
redvetracr

Hopefully I can improve a few things

I have the holley ultra hp so every single thing is adjustable

Holley%20950%20Ultra%20HP%200-80676.jpg

I have 38* of timing in it right now and gets pretty hot so I don't want to go any higher

It will be awhile until I bring it there though

$50 is a deal. But I would put it towards an LM1. IMO dyno runs are a waste of money if you have your own wideband O2 sensor.

I'm not really sure
redvetracr

Hopefully I can improve a few things

I have the holley ultra hp so every single thing is adjustable

Holley%20950%20Ultra%20HP%200-80676.jpg

I have 38* of timing in it right now and gets pretty hot so I don't want to go any higher

It will be awhile until I bring it there though

Well if you think that something is wrong with it but aren't sure, then you have some work to do before dropping coin at the dyno. Did you have someone go through the engine? You seem to have a lot of contacts where you are at..use em.

I'm not really sure

redvetracr

My money says you are lean.