Smart struts with custom heim joint rods questions

I got a smart struts bracket along with custom aluminum strut rods with heavy duty heim joints at both ends.
Two questions,
I see everyone gets rid of the eccentrics and centers the bolt, why is it directly in the center? Is this the best geometry? Should I just get some regular grade 8 bolts, and some thick steel and make a small square to exactly center it between the top and bottom?
Also, there is quite a bit of room between the heim joint and the two walls, (heim joint is way skinnier than a stock bushing) Whats the best way to fill it in, any one know the exact dimensions of what the spacers needed to go in there should be?
Thanks in advance
:thumbs:

The side to side movement really doesn't alter the geometry that much, if you want to change the camber profile, the inner rod end height must be adjusted.

The square plates are just a smple way of locating the bolt.

You will need spacers, cone spacers aren't really needed but they do look better than just shimming it up with a thick large radius spacer. A cone spacer will retain the heims misalignment angle but there's very little misalignment travel in the setup.

The camber lock plates don't require the holes to be centered, so you can fab up plates for different camber curves to take advantage of the VB&P bracket's vertical slots. FWIW, Greenwood felt the optimum camber curve was achieved by lowering the inner link points 1/2" below the C3 stock position. Your results may vary. That's what testing is for.

Last edited:
Yes, but the stock slots allow movement in/out and the change in camber curve between the inner and outermost setting is negligible.