Checking In

68/70Vette

I have a 68 Convertible SB and a 70 BB Coupe. I bought the 68 in 1973 (?) and drove it until 1986. Started rebuilding it 5 years ago. I'm driving it now. Since I've owned the car I've pretty much dissassembled and reassembled the entire car, so it's pretty clean and the drivetrain and suspension is all new. (exception, original transmission) It has a ZZ4, GMPP Serpentine system, electric fans, fuel pump, alumiinum radiator. When I can get to it, it needs a new top and paint. But now I've started working on my 70.

I thought, because of the learning curve, I'd be able to redo the 70 a lot faster than the 68. However, the 70 is a 99,000 mile car and has a well worn look. Getting into it reveals a lot of body damage I didn't notice before. Because of this, it's going to take loner than I expected. Also as a BB car with AC, it'll be more expensive. I have a Keith Black aluminum BB, Billet 4 inch stroke Keith Black crank, Brodix Aluminum rectangular port heads waiting to go in it. The block is currently sleeved at 4 inches (454) and I plan to resleeve it to get to 502 cubic inches. Richmond 5 speed. I'll have to get some Tom's stuff for the rear end. I have a 1974 frame that I'm now building up and eventually plan to lift the 70 body and drop on the 74 frame. The interior is red, mostly all new repro, so getting the interior parts to all fit will be another project.

On a personal basis, I live in Torrance Ca, am an aerospace engineer. I have travelled around a little. I lived in Australia for 9 years and my wife is from Thailand. I work out of a two car garage in my back yard and have a concrete patio with a tent like canopy where I can park the car I'm working on.

Your new forum has a good look to it. When it comes to modifying Corvettes, you guys look like major league players!

Cheers,
Hal

Welcome to VetteMOD Hal. :hi:

Nice to see a long time owner finish a car and then have the motivation to start again on another.

Welcome aboard Hal, allways nice to see another engineer I can pick over for good ideas....

:devil::bounce::fishing: