What color to paint the 68

What color to paint the 68

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Black is easier as you don't have to spray all of the doorjams and the engine compartment. Black is a major pain: bodywork has to be perfect, you'll see every little imperfection. It's also a pain to keep clean....

Yellow: you have to spray the doorjams and at least the firewall, otherwise it'll look cheap. Doesn't show dust/dirt....

Both colors look good on a C3 ...

Black is easier as you don't have to spray all of the doorjams and the engine compartment. Black is a major pain: bodywork has to be perfect, you'll see every little imperfection. It's also a pain to keep clean....

Yellow: you have to spray the doorjams and at least the firewall, otherwise it'll look cheap. Doesn't show dust/dirt....

Both colors look good on a C3 ...

Black, although the yellow looks good. Black is classier IMO. Is your car originally code 900?

[/quote]Black, although the yellow looks good. Black is classier IMO. Is your car originally code 900?[/QUOTE]

No its 992 Corvette Bronze

I'm not really fond of Corvette Bronze so I narrowed it down to Black or Yellow

If done "Right".... Black is a "Wicked" color but a pain to keep up.
Also a lot of detail tends to get lost on black cars.

Yellow definitely has "POP" .......... you can see in on an Interstate
Highway miles away. Much better contrast with the cars features.

I voted Yellow.........get a custom tag that saids OL' YELR :thumbs:

Since it was already black you know how much effort it takes to keep it looking good. If your considering repainting it black, it seems like your willing to deal with that. IMO no other color can compete for showing off the 70's Vette's curves.

Looks like a tight race. How about yellow with a black stripe, or black with a yellow stripe?

Last edited:
That would look great but we want to stick to a solid color
I've wondered before how it would look with something like a black Vette with Baldwin Motion stripes in a real dark grey (barely ligher than the black), so from a distance it looks like a solid colour.

Or a Yellow car with the BM stripes slightly darker or lighter etc etc...

Last edited:
I've wondered before how it would look with something like a black Vette with Baldwin Motion stripes in a real dark gray (barely lighter than the black), so from a distance it looks like a solid color.

Or a Yellow car with the BM stripes slightly darker or lighter etc etc...

I have seen Black Metallic with a Solid Black (non-metallic) stripe ...........
It is subtle and looks very good. :thumbs:

Color

Too many Black Vettes. Be different, go the Yellow, plus all the things they said about black is true.
Final decision, do the color you like best and the hell with all the other stuff.