headlight mods

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
i'm thinking hard about changing the headlights. what i want to do is replace the big air brake round lights with a whole new bucket with some slim lights. i sourced a set of lights from a geo storm that i think will do what i want. now after looking at the set-up, it looks like it would be very easy to locate these in the front grill. of course that will locate them some 8" lower. plus it will eliminate the complexity of fabricating a new bucket and lift/lower mechanism. i think locating them lower might make it harder to get effective lighting, especially on low beams.
pros and cons. go!

i'm thinking hard about changing the headlights. what i want to do is replace the big air brake round lights with a whole new bucket with some slim lights. i sourced a set of lights from a geo storm that i think will do what i want. now after looking at the set-up, it looks like it would be very easy to locate these in the front grill. of course that will locate them some 8" lower. plus it will eliminate the complexity of fabricating a new bucket and lift/lower mechanism. i think locating them lower might make it harder to get effective lighting, especially on low beams.
pros and cons. go!

You may have visibility problems with the lights in the grill. You may also have problems with the police. There is a minimum height requirement for headlights.

You may want to look at this thread:
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305

I think you mentioned most of the cons yourself already, apart form the possible new wiring required (due to higher power requirements for example).

Why not mount those new lights Le Mans style?

Edit: check this out: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103570
i have a very specific idea of what i want. part of my hesitation is that i know it's going to deviate from what i envisioned in mind. but it would be sooooo much easier.
pros and cons. go!

You may have visibility problems with the lights in the grill. You may also have problems with the police. There is a minimum height requirement for headlights.

You may want to look at this thread:
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305
i think the actual visibility issue is the biggest problem. out here, i doubt cops would even notice unless they were just looking for a reason.
Allthough this is shitty looking, it gives you an idea of what they look like in the front grill area.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...32343964QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300232343964&
:sick: if mine turns out that bad, you can come take the car from me for the good of the universe.

I don't understand the halo thing.....in daylight they not seen, at night they not seen due to headlights being ON....NO???

not like watching a olde tyme Sylvania Halolite TV set from 50 years ago.....

I don't GET it/them.....

:clobbered::skeptic:

I don't understand the halo thing.....in daylight they not seen, at night they not seen due to headlights being ON....NO???

not like watching a olde tyme Sylvania Halolite TV set from 50 years ago.....

I don't GET it/them.....

:clobbered::skeptic:

When done properly (read BMW) they look awesome.

bmw6000k2.JPG

I like them too. However, none of the aftermarket things (clamp on rings, integratged ones) look as good as the original bimmer ones. They6 don't have the uniformity of luminescence, they obviously show where the bulbs or leds are.

Yes, they are nice. They're not spider lights you know. I like the rings a whole lot better than a dull bulb.

In fact, I ahvea set of xenon lamps for my car with those angel eyes in them :)