Wooden I freeking KNOW it.......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
:hi:Any thing to drive me crazy, short trip, I know, so shuddup allready....

I noodling around on Craigslist looking for stuff yesterday and type in corvette search under car parts just for grins....

so what pops up been on there only 4 hours??? LS1 '99 Vette engine, supposedly only 6000 miles, surely at 7000 rpm too....but it's only the engine assembled and on a stand....he says it flips over easy enough, the thing looks clean as a pin in pix, methinks the kid is paying attention to his wife and selling to due to 'change of circumstances' meaning it's been in his spare bedroom for years now....so the story goes....

no induction, no coil paks, no computer, certainly no harness, or exhaust....

hummmmm 1000 bux......

more fun than the electric car project.....hummmmmm.....

I could probably sell my present engine for some 800 bux right outta the car....from induction to headers, whole damn thing....not that big a deal to get it outta there.....

so what do you all guys that have one expect would be my total cost IN the car and running???

supposed to see the thing this evening after 6pm.....

I once bought a complete motor and ZF-6 out of a rear end totaled 98 with 17,000 miles for $3500.

I just kept calling an insurance totaled car broker. Of course I had to go to the lot and pull everything.

I once bought a complete motor and ZF-6 out of a rear end totaled 98 with 17,000 miles for $3500.

I just kept calling an insurance totaled car broker. Of course I had to go to the lot and pull everything.

Well, he asking a grand....maybe shoot him for 600 get it for 8?? I need do more fishing today see what's around....I see a complete induction on ebay but it's 300 bux....problem...then there is exhaust, and so forth forever...

the other installs have shown the way, so no biggie there....need accessory brackets, THAT's the tough one...too much T&E to bother fabbing that crap, then there is everything else...

98 has a T56, not a ZF6 and even then it's a transaxle combo with the diff, completely useless.

98 has a T56, not a ZF6 and even then it's a transaxle combo with the diff, completely useless.

TT it was the LS1 in a transam with the 6 speed and I was pretty sure that it was 98 model. I installed in my 91 vette that i bought with a blown motor and other problems. It had that crappy 4+3 manual tranny

TT it was the LS1 in a transam with the 6 speed and I was pretty sure that it was 98 model. I installed in my 91 vette that i bought with a blown motor and other problems. It had that crappy 4+3 manual tranny

Just what WAS the problems with that AOD thing there....looked like a great idea, was it just not enough clutches?? too soft an apply?? not enough cooling?? all sound like it could be fixed/altered/modified fairly easy....no??