the end of F1 as we know it.

'Lil Bernie has really done a good job, hasn't he? I haven't been an F1 fan for long (first watched season was 2008, but I really got into in '09), and since then cost and innovation has always been at odds. It seems the one that have the power are draining what they can out of it and make the most money while they can. Instead, they should be trying to find ways to sustain the Sport.

I wish they'd find a way to fix the budget at an agreed amount, but then allow them to have more technical freedom in exchange. Things like chassis and engine development, or in-season testing. If you can fit it in the budget, it should be allowed--within reason, of course. A fool's hope, I suppose.

I watch qualifying and the first few laps in F1. That's pretty much been the race for the last few years. KERS, aero changes to increase passing, all just gimmicks.
Ironic nascar just started using efi and is more exciting tthan anything F1 has had to offer in decades.

One problem, compared to a stock car there's not nearly as much room for sponsors on the bikes.:D

That is true but for me I like to watch the races not the commercials.

BTW, over here they show the NFL games on the cable, but without commercials. The biggest thing is with out them you see the players just walking around between plays waiting for the officials saying OK now go play ball. seeing this I would not want to go and pay loads of $$$ to see a game at the stadium just to see them standing around most of the time.:zzz:

One problem, compared to a stock car there's not nearly as much room for sponsors on the bikes.:D

That is true but for me I like to watch the races not the commercials.

BTW, over here they show the NFL games on the cable, but without commercials. The biggest thing is with out them you see the players just walking around between plays waiting for the officials saying OK now go play ball. seeing this I would not want to go and pay loads of $$$ to see a game at the stadium just to see them standing around most of the time.:zzz:

This is the highlight reason why I don't really like football. To me, there isn't enough action for it to be considered an action sport. I was told a number of years ago to think of it as a game of strategy, not action. That has helped, but not entirely.

lol, yeah, I think the average football game has a total of 11 minutes of actual play. But if you think that's bad, watch baseball!
I'll stick with nascar. Just enough yellows to go get a beer, make a sammich. More passing for the lead in any single race than you get in a full season of F1. And lately after the race there's an MMA event to watch.

Last edited:
I always tell the NASCAR fans I want the race to stop during commercials like the NFL does. Just cut the engines and restart them when the commercials are over. Only about one in ten get it's a joke, some will argue but most just stop talking to me...:rofl:

I always tell the NASCAR fans I want the race to stop during commercials like the NFL does. Just cut the engines and restart them when the commercials are over. Only about one in ten get it's a joke, some will argue but most just stop talking to me...:rofl:

Wow, that's a great idea. Remotely kill the engine and then a simultaneous restart. Just think, as soon as the commercial is over everybody is standing on the throttle.

I have watched F1 for the first time in 1992/1993, when German Michael Schumacher became popular, then thru the mid 90's with Michael winning two WorldChampionships and the deaths of Senna and Roland Ratzenberger..... Even with the dominating Schumacher in the early 2000's .....I have never experienced a F1 season as boring and shitty as 2014..... :lol:

Alonso on the radio:

(Spanish accent)

Aj aj aj aj aj ..... Why do I start qualifying with low battery? How is possible ?

Wtf ? Lol

By far the most entertaining part of the Brazil GrandPrix qualifying 2014.......

:hi::hi::hi::bonkers::clap: